Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default How did you get started designing and where would I begin?? I'm clueless!

Okay, so I'm hoping someone will help me out here! I'm very interested in learning how to design but I don't know where to begin. So, all you WONDERFUL designers here at GS, please help point me in the right direction. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I would really like to learn!

Thanks in advance!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: How did you get started designing and where would I begin?? I'm clueless!

I would suggest the brownie scraps program. I don't remember what it is called.... And I'm in bed on my iPod so I can't go look it up. But I know a few wonderful designers got a great start there!

I would love to do a training course! I love teaching! I might just do it if I have time

Oh and one other place to look would be Hummie World. She does great teaching!

Hmmmmm maybe I should get a class together I will have to let you know if I do

3. Likes trina513, EhKho liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: How did you get started designing and where would I begin?? I'm clueless!

Oh Ginger! I would love if you would do a training class!! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!! I'm trying to find the one at brownie scraps but I'm having no luck. In the meantime, I'm checking out Hummie's World. Thanks for the pointers.

Post Thanks / Like

I got my start at Brownie Scraps, they run designer competitions periodically, not sure when the next one is If you are very serious about it, there is a course or membership by Amanda Rockwell (at Scrap Artist I think...) that I've heard very good things about, but its not free

Post Thanks / Like

I know that Jessica Sprague offers a designer course as well but thats not free either (and I'm sorry if I have broken any of this sites policies by refering to another site).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sniksnak View Post
    I know that Jessica Sprague offers a designer course as well but thats not free either (and I'm sorry if I have broken any of this sites policies by refering to another site).
    Ginger herself referred to Brownie Scraps. I would think that alone should say that you are ok!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by photom View Post
    Ginger herself referred to Brownie Scraps. I would think that alone should say that you are ok!
    Well... okay then :-D

Post Thanks / Like

Yep your perfectly good
    And Kimberly- I know jen (pixels by jen) did a designer course somewhere. I can't remember which one off the top of my head- but she would be a good person to ask too. You can find out if she liked the one she did.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep your perfectly good
    And Kimberly- I know jen (pixels by jen) did a designer course somewhere. I can't remember which one off the top of my head- but she would be a good person to ask too. You can find out if she liked the one she did.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the info!! I'm checking out a few places and I found out that Brownie Scraps is doing something in October and they will have more info soon.. I'm not afraid of cost as long as I might be able to recoup in the future. Since I posted this, I have learned how to make a glass button! LOL!! One thing at a time right!

12. Likes trina513 liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast