Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Hard drive crash ALL my scrapbooking stuff is GONE *tears*

I know... nothing is 100% .. if you watch Mozy's lil intro video, it's kind of interesting how it explains it all. I still don't know if I'm sold on Mozy yet or not.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by photom View Post
    What happens if mozy's HD crashes??? After all, they are just storing your files on a computer system, too!
    I work with servers everyday that are backed up using more sophisticated forms of backup than what the average user users. For example in the company I work with we have data on a server which is then replicated (copied) each hour to another server and the original data is also backed up with a backup system each night. Those tapes are then exported to an offsite data preservation location each week for safe keepings.
    Yes, it's possible that the data can still be lost, but there are losts of processes in place to prevent loss that we as users just don't do (or can't afford!)

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I guess! I remember my hubby having to back up his computers everyday from a project we were working on.

Post Thanks / Like

all my scrapbooking stuff was from my laptop and when it got full I would transport it to my external hard drive and then delete it off of my laptop...I always had intententions of making backup dvd's because they are a hard copy they are most likely not to fail but I never got around to it....now I am out everything and I haven't found any of those kits I lost that I was telling you about...not even to buy. Anyway I learned my lesson and I am now going to back them up on dvd's it is cheap and easy to do...the only bad thing is the information can't be altered but who cares...atleast you still have it...Thanks for all of your response but if any of you find those kits would you please let me know...thanks again

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12