Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hard drive crash ALL my scrapbooking stuff is GONE *tears*

Help! I had thousands of digital scrapbooking stuff on an external hard drive and it broke! I tried everything to retrieve my information and now I just have to come to grips with the fact that I will not be getting any of it back. I had hundreds of kits that I had collected over the last couple of years and they are all gone...I know I am ranting but I just can't believe that they are gone. Although I know that I will never get all of those kits back I am hoping to get a few of the kits back that I just can't get out of my mind...I really hope I have the right forum...I believe that the kits were from the last years "So I think I can design." There was a really cute bowling kit....a baby eating kit...I think it was called "eat your peas." There was also a family movie night kit with 2 different colored couches and some popcorn. The last round had cute kits that people paired up on to make and they didn't give them away for free you had to purchase them. They were all so adorable....does any of this sound familiar to anyone....was it this forum where those kits were entered? I know those freebies expired so long ago but I was wondering if there was anyway to get any of them back...I would appreciate it so much. I kept praying that my external hard drive would just work long enough to get my stuff off of it but it hasn't worked yet...maybe one day it will...but in the meantime I had a feeling to come to this forum and write my story...thanks for listening to my rambling...that was literally hundreds of hours spent collecting all those adorable kits....I guess I learned the hard way that everything should be in two different places...I just never realized an external hard drive could just stop working... thanks for listening to me....and any information on where I might be able to get those kits back would be appreciated Diantha

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Hard drive crash ALL my scrapbooking stuff is GONE *tears*

Alright so I need to stop myself from searching for the kits I am missing...I found some of the kits I am missing and I can't get them anymore, or they are reminding me of kits that I did have.... Like for example there was a contest that did really cute glamour kits made out of pink and black color pallet....there was also 365 contest that did cute kits involving the months and days of the years....this is pure torture...I just need to stop thinking about it an go to bed :'(

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry to hear your external hard drive failed. It's not just external hard drives that can fail...any drive can fail. It happens more often than you think and it's very frustrating. Just know that sometimes the drive inside the external hard drive case may be ok. My younger sister had her external hard drive stop working, but I was able to take it apart and hook up the drive as a slave to another machine and get all of her data. It's not something that is easy to do if you don't have the right equipment to work with, but a computer professional (or even a teenage boy...haha) may be able to help you.

As for the kits you mentioned in your first post, those were not Gingerscraps kits and I have no idea where they were from. Good luck restoring your hard drive.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your info but I already tried pulling the hard drive out of its casing and putting it in another one...the motor in the actual hard drive itself is gone and it will cost me over $1000 to get the information off of it...and that doesn't even guaranteed that any information can be retrieved. I know hard drives fail and I kept meaning to back it up to a second source but we moved and I had a baby and it just got put in a box. when I pulled it out to do that....it was gone.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow so so sorry to hear about this! This has happened to some of my friends and they used the Geek Squad and were able to retrieve some of their stuff. What a heart breaker!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry this happened to you...that is such a big bummer! All you can do now is look forward, start browsing the freebie sites and start collecting again. A fresh start!
    I have free templates on my blog right now, you can start with those Link in my sigi.
    If you are doing the 365 challenge, join us here at GingerScraps in the scrap your life challenge, there is a new free mini kit every other week if you complete your Los. Good luck! Keep your chin up!

Post Thanks / Like

That happened to me over a year ago - I love 2 1/2 months of pics that I had not backed up (for some reason I had actually deleted my faves of my SD cards - which I RARELY ever (actually that was the only time I did complete wipe offs of my SD cards) and my DVD burner is broken so I hadnt burned them UGH! I lost the photo I had won a photo contest with......*SIGH*

Not to mention the kits and stuff I lost - it just made me cry and I didnt scrap for MONTHS! It was hard. I had to go "rescrap" about 70 pages - I had the low res copies of them from galleries and FB - but it was hard to just rescrap - since I lost most of the kits I had scrapped them with UGH!

I had 3 different "GEEK"s look at it - and could get about 3 pics off of it - and they were the pics I had already backed up - none of the new stuff!

So in reality - GOOD LUCK! Sorry to be of no help - but usually when an EHD crashes it CRASHES....Hope you have better luck than I did!
    I am probably neglecting housework so I can be here... My Gallery

Post Thanks / Like

This is awful! I've heard of this happening so many times to many different drives.... has anyone tried Mozy? the online file saver? It's where you can save all your stuff, in case anything happens to your computer. I've talked to my husband about it, and he says, OH you have the EHd and the C drive... you're covered... but I think I'm going to try Mozy. I'd feel A LOT better if I did. http://mozy.com/

Post Thanks / Like

I think I'm gonna go with Mozy too. I've heard of too many hard drive crashes and EHD crashes lately. My hard drive has been on the fritz for months and I'm terrified that one of these days the whole thing will go.

I'm soooooooooo sorry to hear about your EHD crash!!!! That would be a horrible feeling!

Post Thanks / Like

What happens if mozy's HD crashes??? After all, they are just storing your files on a computer system, too!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast