The Queen
    *GingerBread Lady*
    Designer and Owner of GingerScraps

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Hello from Arizona!

Welcome!! Make yourself at home

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Susie! Glad to have you hear and look forward to seeing you around. T

Post Thanks / Like

Suzie your screen name is awesome! Haha!
    Cool blog too. Welcome to Gingerscraps!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you everyone, Happy Saturday! Psychozoe is what I nicknamed my kitty 4 years ago when we got her! She was still a kitten, and truly is a psychoCAT. I've had kitties that were soft, and nice, and laid back, but Zoe is a lil terror! lol! Grandma said we should call her Jezebel, but I think Zoe is cuter, and PsychoZoe is even bettah! h!

I'm married, have 2 teenage sons... (help me) lol.. and we have 3 dogs, 1 cat, 1 rabbit, and tons of chickens! Our Rooster is named "Mr. Darcy" from "Pride and Prejudice", and we have 2 red hens, "Henny and Penny." All our other hens don't have names, except for one of them.

We named her, "Baldy" because when she was still a lil chick, the Rooster somehow got into the chicks' area, and pecked the poor lil chick's scalp all the way down to her neck. I took her inside into the birdy hospital* and cared for her. We didn't think she would make it.. she was so sick. But with some TLC, soap, water, antibiotics, she was ready to go back outside within 3 days. She didn't want to stay inside anymore! She was flying up to the top of the crate and hitting her head on it... so with a test run, we saw she was going to be okay back outside with her chick mates. She's just as strong and silly as the other hens, and she still looks bald even though there are feathers growing over the scalp. She likes me. She'll come up to me when no others do. Mr. Darcy likes me, too... but doesn't like any of the males in the family lol!

Anyway, we are a menagerie of silliness, but full of love!

Happy Weekend!

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, I hope that we can see picks of your silly chickens. Such fun names!

GingerScraps is online now Survivor *Digi-County Fair* Host
    The Queen
    *GingerBread Lady*
    Designer and Owner of GingerScraps

Post Thanks / Like

you are a perfect fit at GS! So glad you found us ;)

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Susie - welcome to GS! Love the names for your hens. Sounds like your house is lots of fun.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Susie! I checked out your blog and I think you're going to be a lot of fun to have around. Can't wait to see some of your layouts.
    My Store

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Suzie, any thing I should know about chickens? We picked up a few chicks yesterday and I have never had a chicken, nor even been around them! I have always been scared to death of them! So of course, we are up for an adventure! I'm already loving them, but I think that may change as they grow?

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Sara! LOL! Wellll... we're only 2 years into the chicken thing... so I'm not 100% knowledgeable yet.... they're pretty easy.. water, food, and your feed store can tell you what kind of food they need as they grow. We give ours fresh weeds, corn scratch, tops from vegies, they need their wing feathers clipped so they don't get out of your fences to your neighbors yards. It's easy.. the feed store can show you. Ummm... they like little nesting boxes. I still love our chickens. they are little characters. They are kinda wierd at first if you've never been around them, but they're harmless. They like to peck at shiny things, so don't get too close with your glasses, and watch your diamond rings, lol! They do like to be petted if you can corner them enough to pick them up. My kids are good at picking them up. The roosters can be a little mean. but not until they are fully grown.

Quote Originally Posted by photom View Post
    Hey Suzie, any thing I should know about chickens? We picked up a few chicks yesterday and I have never had a chicken, nor even been around them! I have always been scared to death of them! So of course, we are up for an adventure! I'm already loving them, but I think that may change as they grow?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast