Post Thanks / Like

Default Die Cut Elements?

OK, so I have a die cutter machine, that has an alpha that I absolutely LOVE! So, my question is, if I actually used the stupid machine and cut out all the pieces, scanned/ photo-ed them, and extracted them, would it be considered copyright infringement by putting them in a kit?

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Die Cut Elements?

Good question!! I have no idea - I would think it would be....but I wonder if you changed it somehow if it would work? Are you thinking a kit to sell or give away?
    I am probably neglecting housework so I can be here... My Gallery

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm, not sure. I've tinkered with designing, and it takes me soooooooo long to dL pieces and find what I want. Plus, with adding textures and finding the right elements. Not sure how much I'll really be doing. I've done 2 kits now (first one I forgot to add textures! Oops!), second one is still in design mode. Love the colors I chose, just can't get overlays and such to play nice!

Here is the LO that I did with pieces of my kit!

Post Thanks / Like

That is really pretty! Good luck with your designing.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, I forgot--I was going to comment about your original question. I think it PROBABLY would be considered a copyright problem. I asked at a board about scanning in a piece of paper and using that and was told that would definitely be a problem--and I was just going to USE it--
    I bought it, and now I do digi--I was going to scan it in, and use it digitally. That was a changed format--
    I also asked about using my rubber stamps--
    by stamping in an image, and then using that image digitally, and was told that WAS a copyright infringement.
    So, I gave up!!

Post Thanks / Like

WOW! I would have thought if I bought it - and used it digitally w/o sharing it would be ok....guess not!! I was going to do that with all my papers! Glad I didnt waste my time I guess! Thanks Deanna!
    I am probably neglecting housework so I can be here... My Gallery

Post Thanks / Like

I dont even know the answer to this one.
    But I do know that my theory is.. better safe then sorry. If I dont KNOW.... I dont use it.