Thread: dpi help

Post Thanks / Like

Default dpi help

Okay, I think I have made 3 or 4 things in 72 dpi that I want to print - so I'm going to have to go back and redo them. Problem... I don't know how I changed the dpi to start with or what to do to put it back to 300 for printing. Can someone help? I'm using PS2. I'd really like to do some scrapping this afternoon, but if I don't have the settings right, I don't want to even start a page, you know?
    ~Carrie

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: dpi help

I usually start a new page and set it at 3600x3600 and then set it to 300 dpi instead of 72 and then put everything on that blank canvas.

Post Thanks / Like

Okay, when I started a new page, the dpi was 300 already. I wonder why my Christmas card was only 72? Checked my last few pages and they were all 300. I thought I was going to have to redo them. Whew!
    ~Carrie

Post Thanks / Like

If you are wanting your actually item resized to 300 dpi there is a really great resizer action that works wonders. If you want to email me your item I'll resize it for you since I have the action and send it back. PM me if you want me email to do that.

Post Thanks / Like

PMed you, Scrapberry - thanks!
    ~Carrie

Post Thanks / Like

This is where you type in 300 dpi when you start a new canvas : )

Post Thanks / Like

Doesn't CS start all "new" files at 72dpi as default. Always start high, and REDUCE sizing later, saving a layered file as well. One you shrink an image to fit into a 72dpi format and hit that little checkmark, there is not going back. You can increase it back up, it will look good on your monitor, just not in your hands.
    We have a little explaination about resolution on our site and FB.