Post Thanks / Like

Default Windows live writer?

So I got brave and downloaded Windows Live Writer and I got a blog post all ready to publish, but then afterwards, it says it has an error publishing it to my actual blog! It was so nice and easy to add my previews in and everything, but I just about cried when I finished and couldn't get it on my blog! Any tips or tricks?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Windows live writer?

Nope, never used it. But when you get it working, can you give us a tutorial?

Post Thanks / Like

I had the same problem Erin.

This is what how I fixed it. Log in your online Picasa web with the account you sign into your blog with.

http://picasaweb.google.com/home

Apparently this account is created when you start your blog without your doing. You will see all photos you've uploaded to your blog there. Anyway, create a new empty album called Windows Live Writer.

Then try to publish again. It worked for me. Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

I use it, but i have never gotten an error. Sorry.

Post Thanks / Like

I used it in the past but I didn't like it because of errors, not saving my posts and so on so I stopped using it. It might just have been me lol. Hubby set it up for me to make my life easier, but it was just a headache.

Post Thanks / Like

I never knew they sent you pics there. That kind of upsets me a bit. But oh well. When I used to use Blogger I didnt use it much. Thats good to know Scrapberry. Now i know where to delete this pics.

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

It started right up for me, I didn't have any problems, I love it, it makes blogging so much easier for me!
    Alix {sassynsweet}
    ~Proudly Creating Layouts For~
    Susan Robinson Designs, The Design Girl, Polka Dot Plum Designs, Pink Peacok Designs, The Polka Dot Plum Store, Allison Pennington Designs, Jennifer Fox Designs, and Lead CT for Geek Chic Scraps
    :: Digi.Scrap.Friends :: My Facebook :: My Blog ::

Post Thanks / Like

OK, next blog post I am trying your advice Tabby! Although, I always grab my images from my tinypic account...force of habit, I upload everything there. I probably don't have any images in my picasa account..but I will check it out!

Post Thanks / Like

Well- I will tell ya... I switched over to Mac about a year ago, and Live Writer was the ONE BIG thing I miss about PC!!!
    I almost considered getting a cheep PC just to use Live Writer. LOL

So once you get it figured out I think you will be a very happy girl!