Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Printers

Post Thanks / Like

Default Printers

Hi ladies!

We are going to upgrade our printer but there are soooo many to choose from out there. If you do hybrid projects or print your photos or layouts, what printer do you use and do you love it? Does it go through the ink cartridges quickly? Any advice you can give would be great! Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Printers

Hi Misty -- I use an Epson Stylus Photo 1400. It's a wide format printer so I can and have printed 12x12 LO's, but usually only print 8x8 LO's in addition to 4x6's. I print pretty often and I think it's good on ink. There are 6 individual cartridges which are pricey (about $18 a piece). The printer is a year or so old and it was expensive, BUT I was able to get a good deal on it when CompUSA was going out of business. I love that it's a wide format printer and I like that I can print wider than a standard printer. I am a huge fan of Epson printers, but you must use Epson paper with it when printing photos or else they don't look as nice. I don't remember the brand of my 12x12 scrap paper, but I got it at Wal-mart and it works well too.

Juliemomof4 is offline *Staff* Survivor *Digi-County Fair*
    Am I the Ultimate Scrapping Survivor?
    *GingerBread Lady*
    *Designer: Creations By Julie
    *And most importantly... My Sister!! <3

Post Thanks / Like

I use an epson too, with epson paper. Most of the Hybrid ladies I work with use epson, even if they dont have an epson printer they use epson matte photo paper for hybrid projects. The ink is ok in price, the ink for the hp printer i have is cheaper, but the quality is not nearly as good. Oh and if you have a Staples you take in your empty cartrages and you get points for new ones, I get a gift card from them like once a month for recycleing my cartrages and then I use it to buy more ink.

Post Thanks / Like

Thx for the heads up ladies. I have an Epson right now too (all in one) and to me the quality isn't as good as it could be. Of course I have had it since 2006 so I am sure the newer ones are much better. I have only ever had Epson printers so this is good news that you gals who do hybrid really like them.

Post Thanks / Like

I use a HP Deskjet 9800... and love it... it takes only two ink cartridges and prints at pretty good quality and quick (I've printed quite a few large scale photos for my moms art shows). It prints up to 13" x 19". And double sided printing, although I've never tried it. As for ink... I was surprise how long it lasts!!
    I've had it for about two years and never had a problem. I have heard that the paper feeder tends to get hung up... but I've never had this happen. *knocks on wood*

Whatever printer you decide on be sure you get one that prints large sheets... you may not print off much large stuff but you'll be glad you have it when the time comes....
    Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

I have an HP Officejet Pro K8600. It's also a wide format and prints up to 13x19. I've printed several 12x12 layouts and I think the quality is great. It has three separate cartridges but the black is XL so they last a good while I think.

I did some price matching and got a deal on it at OfficeMax for just under $300 I think.

Good luck with your choices!

Post Thanks / Like

My husband and I own a printer repair business. He's always suggesting HP to anyone looking to buy a printer. They are less expensive to repair, it's easier to get replacement parts and the ink is cheaper.

Now if only I could get my printer repair man to actually fix my HP printer!

Post Thanks / Like

I use a Canon Pixma MP600 . . . it's probably two years old now at least. It is a printer/scanner/copier. It is not a wide format, but was very affordable and I think affordable to maintain. I do recommend using the brand specific ink and papers, whichever one you go with because it does make a huge quality difference. I get a lot of my supplies on ebay in bulk and save a lot that way.

People are shocked that my photos are home printed . . .

Post Thanks / Like

Hi there Misty. I use an Epson Workforce 600 Series (Wireless). The quality is awesome and I really like the wireless mode. I can sit outside on the porch and there's nothing like being creative outdoors.
    Proudly creating for:
    ChereKaye Designs, CathyK Designs, Susan Godfrey Designs, Pixelily Designs, LissyKay Designs, Created by Jill Scraps, Seatrout Scraps April Guest CT, and LyllahRaven Designs

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Ladies! Can someone tell me what you think you spend on average (if you can figure it) to print a 12x12 page at home?
    With ink, paper, and the printer... what would it be?
    We are curious as we print digital scrapbook pages for people all over the world, yet we don't use inkjet, so we are unsure as to what you are paying to do it yourself.
    thanks!
    Kenny

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast