Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Windows 7

Post Thanks / Like

Default Windows 7

What a change!! I bought a New Laptop with it and am having to learn where everything is..

I love the new features..sticky notes, snip/snap, and gadgets, but haven't installed any photos, kits or pse on it... afraid where they may go and that I can't find them.

anyone else have the windows 7 ??? Any suggestions on setting up files that you can find.??
    MY BLOG

"the difference between stumbling blocks and stepping stones is how a person uses them" from My Granny's cookbook

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Windows 7

I was thinking about you and Windows 7! I have a Mac and can't help you, but I'm so glad you like it so far.

Check out my blog:

I CT for:
    Misty O'Brien Sunshine Studio Scraps Graham Like the Cracker Scrappity Doo Dah

Post Thanks / Like

I am also a Mac user, but I understand that the search capabilities in Windows 7 are pretty good. If you couldn't find PSE, you could use Explorer's search to find it again. If your kits are on an EHD, you should just be able to plug it in on the new computer. They don't require installation.

Post Thanks / Like

I have windows 7! Hubby installed it a few days ago. But I am afraid I don't understand your question. When you download something like from 4shared, you can't figure out where it ends up? Mine always go to my desktop or if I don't tell it to go to my desktop I usually find it in my "downloads" file. I don't know how your computer is set up but this is how I find my downloads folder. I go to the C drive then go to "Users" then I find my name (cause I have it set up that I am a user and I have one set up for hubby to be a user too) and then under my name there is a folder called "downloads". I sure hope that helped you out.

Post Thanks / Like

oh,,duh. its the same, just a different name.. I'll figure out this "new" stuff yet. Thanks for all your help. Glad you gals are putting up with my "beginner" questions .. Loves ya.
    MY BLOG

"the difference between stumbling blocks and stepping stones is how a person uses them" from My Granny's cookbook

Post Thanks / Like

Well Windows 7 is so new, everyone is a beginner lol.
    I just have my IT tech hubby here to help me through it lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Man, the longer I play around with this W7 the more I like it!! It's definitely more user friendly.. I mean even this Ol Lady can figure it out..
    MY BLOG

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I am loving it too!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm still having trouble with "moving" files.. They went to the download area, then when I moved it to my Scrapbook file and deleted the download(original) file, Opps!! it all disappeared!!

I retreived it from the trash bin, but now to figure out how NOT to fill up the download area. Yes I do go overboard when I'm blog hoppin..
    MY BLOG

Post Thanks / Like

Just be sure you cut and paste and not copy and paste and don't just drag and drop.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast