Thread: Color matching

Post Thanks / Like

Default Color matching

Okay, so I know there is a way to recolor elements and things. I actually know how to do it, but when it comes to color matching, I am clueless. Can anyone help me do this? I use PSPX2.
    Specifically, I would like to do more color challenges. I participated in one where I used a color pallette and I just "painted" the elements to match....it didn't seem to be a good system. Please tell me there is a better way.

TIA!
    LoriAnn (LA)

My blog: Scraps of Ellay

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Color matching

What I like to do is take my element I want to recolor put it on top of a paper I'd like the color to be and then I select the element (ctrl click on the layer in photoshop) and then copy & paste the background move it in front of the element then change the blending mode to color. Sometimes you'll have to change the original element to grayscale first but it usually works pretty well. Let me know if you'd like me to clerify anything.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Color matching

It worked beautifully!! I also found an alternative way to do it using color changer (didn't know I had that). But, I like your way!! I really appreciate the tip....thank you so much!!
    LoriAnn (LA)

My blog: Scraps of Ellay