Post Thanks / Like

Default Some general questions

I just had a few general questions about blog use etc. I had more but I forgot them over the weekend. lol

If a freebie or purchased kit says for personal use does that include forums or blogs? Like can you make a background and banner with them? Do you still give credit like in a blinkie or something if its allowed?

Do you have to ask permission to show like for example Gingerscraps kits your purchased and used to make a LO and then link back to the site? I know you have to give credit and such I just wanted to know the general rules of how to do that. I want to create a blog with my craft projects and some other interests and I want to make sure I do it properly.

How soon did you start to make your own elements and such once you discovered digital scrapping? Can you use PSE7 to make graphics?

I think that is it for now. I know I will have more as I learn to use my PSE7.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Some general questions

I was browsing around and read on someones post that this forum would be "closing in a few days". So is this an active forum or is it closed?

Post Thanks / Like

Heya Ranee This is indeed an active forum, the message you saw may have been from when Ginger was switching servers so the forum was down for a bit when that happened, but we have had no trouble since! Yay! The gallery is undergoing construction right now as well but this forum will keep on truckin' as far as I know!

To answer your blog question. . . For MY products you may use my PU items to make a blog. I don't require credit credit for that but it would be nice for you to mention it and put a blinkie back to my blog & here (note to self: make a blinkie for my blog. LOL) If it is a commercial site as in you are selling something from that blog or site I would like to be contacted.

As far as linking back, on the credits on your own blog that would be great! If you are posting in another forum just "my kit name by Harmonystar" would be great since most won't let you put in links.

This is for me, Ginger may tell ya something different for her stuff. Thanks for asking! ;)

Post Thanks / Like

Okay all that makes sense. I'm a bit unfamiliar with blogs so I have no clue what they let you do. I am familiar with forums as I have one of my own but they are a bit different from the blogs on blogspot.

Is there a easier board or better board to use than blogspot?

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Rachel.. so dito on everything she said
    And yes you can make elements on PSE7- When i started i had PSE6 then got PSE6 Now I am using CS... but you can make elements or papers with all of them