Post Thanks / Like

Default PhotoShop CS series

Looking for help with Photoshop CS?? Post you questions HERE.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: PhotoShop CS series

Perfect...I know I kinda consider you one of the greats in Photoshop...You helped me with something a while back too...anyway I am upgrading to CS3 but I am still hanging on to my Elements7 because I just cant' "get" it yet. When I open up PSE7 on the bottom is the photo and element bin that is always there so I can open a whole bunch of stuff and it stays there to use. Now when I try to use the CS3 there is no such thing that i can use so when I open up all the elements and papers and pictures I dont' know what to do with them. I hope I am making sense here. Is there a way to have a bin in the CS3 like the PSE7? Thanks for any help you can give me...
    Karen(justk)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: PhotoShop CS series

OK- well, there is still a lot I dot know about CS yet.. but I am learning
    Thank you for the compliment though That was so nice of you!
    What I do is open everything up I want- then I either minimize everything and then grab one thing at a time I want.
    OR
    I go to Window- arrange- tile.
    This tiles everything I have open, then I can maximize what I want.

But I do now there is one other very cool trick to just opening up a bunch of stuff and it going directly on your LO- then you arrange it how you want.

I don't remember how to do it though

So sad I never have time to scrap anymore- so I just never really used the trick very often.. and you know how that goes.. if you don't use it you lose it LOL

Hopefully some other CS users can chime in here!!

If I remember I will post it

But CS is awesome!!! once you figure it all out you will love it!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Ooh the trick about opening things that go right into your LO sounds GREAT - now I'm on a mission to find out how to do that....I'll let you know if I figure it out -
    I am probably neglecting housework so I can be here... My Gallery

Post Thanks / Like

Well I found a way to open something and have it go directly into the document you are working on - but not a way to have multiple files go in there. I'll have to continue my search - but in case someone is interested if you do File -> Place you can place something in the document you have opened - which is nice because it adds it to a new layer (with the layer named what you opened - so nice for giving credit when you complete your LO if you use multiple kits) But you can only open one at a time that way. Just thought I'd share

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for that tip trina!

Post Thanks / Like

That is exactly what I was going to say! That is how I do every layout of mine. It's so much eaiser I think without all those windows open

Quote Originally Posted by trina513 View Post
    Well I found a way to open something and have it go directly into the document you are working on - but not a way to have multiple files go in there. I'll have to continue my search - but in case someone is interested if you do File -> Place you can place something in the document you have opened - which is nice because it adds it to a new layer (with the layer named what you opened - so nice for giving credit when you complete your LO if you use multiple kits) But you can only open one at a time that way. Just thought I'd share

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely!! I like it a lot!

Post Thanks / Like

ANyone have an easy tut for making QP's in CS? I just got a copy of CS8 and have NO idea how to use it...LOL! I'm using GIMP now and am scared to switch (but HAVE to be able to make QP's and bb's!! LOL!!) TIA...

Post Thanks / Like

Just make the page like a regular LO including your picture. Then select the image layer and using your magic wand select the empty space around your image. Then invert your selection and hit delete. Your image is now gone and you can now go to every layer below and hit delete, now you have a hole in your LO. Merge layers and you have your QP.