Post Thanks / Like

Default What was your favourite book as a child?

I've been re-reading the Little House books while reading them to my DD. She isn't as into them as I was though. I also have the whole series on DVD (over 300 episodes!) and thinking maybe I will get her to start watching them to get her more interested in the books.

She's only 7, but I'd love for her to enjoy the stories as much as I did.

Little house was a big influence on me when I was a kid. I loved the stories (still do) and the show. I also loved to read Enid Blayton and Judy Blume. Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing was a favourite.

I also think I wore the cover off of my Charlie and the Chocolate factory book! That one I have read to DD and she loved it too.

So what are some of your faves?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: What was your favourite book as a child?

Dangerous question to ask someone who was an elementary school librarian for 35 years I'll have to think on this one a bit, there are so many!!

3. Likes JustTrace liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I had trouble choosing too! LOL...

Post Thanks / Like

Island of the Blue Dolphins, The Westing Game, The Narnia Series, Anything to do with Horses., Little House Series, and Nancy Drew Series (up to the paperbacks - then it changed and I won't even touch them for my daughter now except for the original 55.)
    Have a blessed day,

Happy CT Member for Seatrout Scraps, Mandy King Designs,
    Clever Monkey Graphics, and Created by Jill!!

Come join me on my scrapping journey - {I Love} Pixel Pushing Blog

Post Thanks / Like

I hear you, Trace, re Little House on the Prairie although I never read the books and was grown up and a mother several times over when the TV series was running. I loved it and have watched most series on DVD several times over. I preferred the earlier series when the kids were kids though.

As to books, Enid Blyton was the stand out for me...Faraway Tree, Wishing chair, Five, and so on. I could never get my own kids as passionate about them as I was though

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jill View Post
    I hear you, Trace, re Little House on the Prairie although I never read the books and was grown up and a mother several times over when the TV series was running. I loved it and have watched most series on DVD several times over. I preferred the earlier series when the kids were kids though.

As to books, Enid Blyton was the stand out for me...Faraway Tree, Wishing chair, Five, and so on. I could never get my own kids as passionate about them as I was though
    Bolded: I saved ALL my childhood books, and my daughter likes NONE of them. Will not read Little House, Nancy Drew, or Narnia!!
    Have a blessed day,

Happy CT Member for Seatrout Scraps, Mandy King Designs,
    Clever Monkey Graphics, and Created by Jill!!

Come join me on my scrapping journey - {I Love} Pixel Pushing Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Okay, I'm going to date myself a bit here - these were the books I loved to read from about 2nd through 5th grades:

The Great Brain series by John D. Fitzgerald was my favorite back in grade school. I also loved the Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew books and I also loved the Trixie Belden series.

khakisack is online now *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team
    *Sugar Cookie*
    *GingerScraps Praise Team

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't thought of this book in ages but my mom just reminded me of it yesterday. I loved The Secret Garden and mom bought me a beautiful book with watercolor illustrations. 20 years later I named my oldest son Collin, not even thinking of the book!

Post Thanks / Like

I loved the Little House series and actually just re-read through it not long ago! I also loved Judy Blume, however my favorite was Are You There God? It's Me Margaret!
    I also loved Shiloh, A Dog Called Kitty, The Secret Garden, I could go on and on... I lived in the Library in middle school especially!!

Post Thanks / Like

I was totally in love with the Ramona Quimby books!
    My sister love Little House, she had a boxed set that was her treasure... Then her little sister (me) got the flu and couldn't get off the top bunk in time... And the books got the worst of it.
    She's still mad at me for that one. Lol