Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Default 12/16/2015 RQOTD-when did you get your drivers license?

Do you have one? My dad dragged me to my test because I didn't want to go. I kept putting it off. And of course I had someone training an instructor that day so I had two testers in my car. And did I mention it was snowing? I was sixteen at the time. How about you? When did you get yours?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 12/16/2015 RQOTD-when did you get your drivers license?

I lived out in the country and at the time, mid 80s, if you lived more than X miles from school, you could get a school permit. So I started driving on a learners permit at 13 and had my school permit at 14 (to drive to and from school and school events). So by the time I got my license at 16 I'd been driving for a couple years.

Facebook
    ~ Pinterest ~ SS ~ CTM for Gingerscraps, Seatrout Scraps & Created by Jill

Post Thanks / Like

Ummm...never....*ducks*

Yep, I've had my beginners 3 times but each time I either let it expire before doing the test or I panicked too much and didn't go for it.

I am SO nervous behind the wheel (silly I know). I really don't enjoy driving a car. I hate the big trucks on the highway and I hate the speeding cars on the main streets in our city because they dodge in and out and it makes me so nervous. I know "how" to drive a car and I know the rules of the road, but I just start to panic behind the wheel. I don't know why.

Everyone in my family and my friends think I'm nuts for being so nervous but I just feel like if I drive and then get into an accident or go to slow or whatever and someone else gets hurt because of me, I'd feel guilty forever.

Funny thing is, I can drive a tractor or a ride on lawnmower like nobody's business. I can even parallel park a tractor!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I was 18 when I got mine. Failed it twice too

craftytam is offline *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team
    *Scrapping Survivor - Lost At Sea {Staff} WINNER!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gethane View Post
    I lived out in the country and at the time, mid 80s, if you lived more than X miles from school, you could get a school permit. So I started driving on a learners permit at 13 and had my school permit at 14 (to drive to and from school and school events). So by the time I got my license at 16 I'd been driving for a couple years.
    Oh my goodness!! I couldn't even imagine my kids getting their permits at 13 or 14!! YIKES!

I was 18...I wanted to get it earlier, but my mom was too nervous and wouldn't let me drive until I was 18. Well, she wouldn't let me drive, but I did take the car out a couple of times when she wasn't home (need I say I was quite irresponsible?!

My daughter wanted her license the minute she turned 16! I think it was a few months after that when I finally took her. The scariest moment of my life was watching my 16 year old daughter pull out of the driveway in a car all by herself! LOL! My oldest son is 16 and should have already had at least his permit, but we need to wait until we can afford the required driver's training.

6. Likes gethane liked this post
    khakisack is online now *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team
    *Sugar Cookie*
    *GingerScraps Praise Team

Post Thanks / Like

I was 16 and 2 months. And I was sooo upset that I didn't get it right when I turned 16! I had to wait to take the class through my high school. I actually enjoy driving, but not in the snow!

Post Thanks / Like

I got mine just before my 17th birthday. I remember getting my first car for $100. I thought I was so cool driving that jalopy to school.

Post Thanks / Like

I took driver's ed when I was 15 (the earliest we were allowed to take it) and had my license as soon as I turned 16 (again, as soon as we were allowed to take the road test). I went to a private high school and lived about 20 minutes away from it and there was no transportation provided so my parents were very happy to not have to take me back and forth and pick me up late after out of town games, etc. I passed the first time and have been driving since! My daughter is taking driver's ed now and should be able to take her test when she turns 16 in August.

Post Thanks / Like

I was a late driver, didnt like driving but got a job as a motor mechanic so had to get my license. The earliest you can get yours here is 16 but I didnt get mine until I was 20

Post Thanks / Like

I was a late birthday in my class being born in Aug. So I had to wait til my Junior year before I could take the Drivers course in school. I love that back in the day they offered drivers training in the schools. I think we have done our kids a disservice not having it in the schools anymore and causes the parents a LOT of money to go to outside driving schools. Anyway I was 16 when I got it.

12. Likes craftytam liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast