Post Thanks / Like

Default Question for Stay at home Mamas looking to go back to work...

So my youngest starts Kindergarten this year and that means I will have to probably return to work sometime soon. I don't know yet if he will be going for half a day yet, or the full day class, so chances are I won't be able to start work until he is full time, BUT I know the time is coming when I have to enter the work force again and I am dreading it. I worked at a nursing home as a CNA for almost 10 years until I had Austin, and with two other kids and a new baby who needed extra care because of his heart defect, I knew I wasn't going to go back to work. It was so stressful, and although I did miss actually talking to adults during the day and the few nice residents I had, the back-breaking work has really taken it's toll on my body. Anyone in that line of work knows what I mean. So going back to that type of work is not going to happen; but it's really all I know...I'm 35; didn't go to college, and don't really have any other type training....so what options does that really leave for me? Just the thought of it is almost too much...anyway, just needed to vent a bit and thought I would see if any of you have advice as I know alot of you are also SAHMs!

Proudly Creating for Connie Prince, Colie's Corner, & Mad for the Mouse Designs

trina513 is online now *GingerBread Lady*
    *Designer: Dear Friends Designs
    **Lead GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Question for Stay at home Mamas looking to go back to work...

Not really sure - sorry! I am NOT looking forward to going back to work!

I am probably neglecting housework so I can be here... My Gallery

Post Thanks / Like

Lynn,
    I have a similar age - my youngest starting Kinder this year. That being said, I will still stay at home as long as possible. Those first few years, they still need so much guidance. If the perfect part time job came up in a year or two, I would maybe consider it.
    Maybe consider seeing if there are any part-time jobs at the school - ie yard duty. Then, you can earn a little and still be home when he gets out.

4. Likes craftytam, trina513 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I stayed home till my son was 10 then I got a part-time job at our local school district. I worked 3.5 hours a day, assisting the teachers and helping out in the front office, it was perfect. I worked on school days, off all school holidays and the whole summer. Now, nine years later, I'm still here working full-time but I only get a month off during the summer.

Our district usually has entry level positions as a Special Ed assistant or kitchen staff. Check out your local district’s website.

6. Likes craftytam, trina513 liked this post