Post Thanks / Like

Default Locations of "Extras" in PSE6~ Tip

These are the file locations of MY computer I have a PC with windowsXP computer. Your file locations might not be exactly the same, but it is a good place to start.
    File Location to install "tools" and actions
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Adobe\Photoshop Elements\6.0\Photo Creations\photo effects
    File location of layer styles and effects
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Adobe\Photoshop Elements\6.0\Locale\en_US\Photo Creations\layer styles
    File location of brushes
    C:\Adobe Photoshop Elements 6\Presets\Brushes

* TIP- I have a notepad document with the file locations I need to go to install all Extras. I have it saved in the “Extras” folder. Then when I get a new extra I can copy and paste the location into the Run box on my computer. And it will take me right where I need to go, I right-click the new extra then copy and past it right into the proper location within PhotoShop. This has saved me a lot of time looking and trying to remember where to go to install extras. (Look in the “Locations of Extras” box bellow to see the location paths of my extras. This will be helpful if you are trying to find location paths and you use PSE6 and have the same operating system as I do. If you use something else it will not help you.)
    * I think that covers it. If you have any questions leave me a comment and I will get back to you as soon as I can. I use a PC with Windows XP and I use Adobe PhotoShop Elements 6. I might not be of any help if you are using different programs but I will offer whatever info I can.
    * Have fun scrapping!!
    Last edited by GingerScraps; 05-06-2010 at 06:37 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Locations of "Extras" in PSE6

I knew I could count on ya having great info.. I needed to delete some Brush files that were duplicates!! (imagine having too many brushes so downloaded more!!)

I had a brain strain and couldn't remember where to go to delete.. TY.. I'm now up to speed and stopped duplicating (or at least able to delete duplicates.)

YOU DA BEST!!
    MY BLOG

"the difference between stumbling blocks and stepping stones is how a person uses them" from My Granny's cookbook