Hi ladies- I see that I have never actually posted the gallery rules. Woops
So here they are.. I will edit if I leave something off-
- Recommended size is 600 by 600 pixels
- GingerScraps products AND Non- GingerScraps allowed
- NO links to Non-GingerScraps products please
- NO advertising products by just showing preview of product- you can "advertise" by posting a LO and leaving the designer and kit name in the credits.
- No photos containing obscene, nude, violence, illegal activity
- Remember to list all credits with your LO.
When I get common questions- I will edit this top post with the answer-
Yesterday, I received the message: "You have exceeded your upload limit of 8 images per day." after uploading 3 layouts. The message is still there today and I've not uploaded any photos. Help? Thanks!
I'm sorry for your troubles. Let me explain a bit about how the gallery works.
The reason you are getting this error is because the gallery counts every category you assign your LO as 1 upload. So if you have 2 LO's and you assigned them each to 3 categories, and then 1 more LO that you assigned 2 categories, this would be your daily limit of 8 LO's.
Unfortunately I can not change this without causing a lot of other issues. If I lift the daily limit we get a lot of people dumping LO's in the gallery.
People that do not even participate at GS, they just basically want to come upload all their LO's either for CT requirements (for a non- GS designers), or as a kind of storage place for their LO's. This ends up using a lot of space, and cluttering up the gallery. With a daily limit, it keeps that kind of behavior to a minimum.
Hopefully since you know about the category (counting as an upload) you can tailor your uploads to work however you need them to.
I hope this makes sense. Please let me know if you have any other questions.