Thread: photo back up!

Post Thanks / Like

Default photo back up!

Where do you have your photos backed up?? I'm so paranoid. I have 4 external hard drives--and another one at my daughters house in another state. I hear of people losing all their photos and I get sick to my stomach for them!! I don't use the cloud--my dh doesn't want my stuff in a cloud. I was thinking about putting one of my externals in the bank vault.
    There is nothing that can replace those photos--keep them safe!! Digital is scary!! and fun all at the same time.

2. Likes Ricki, CindyB liked this post
    CindyB is online now *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team
    *Scrapping Survivor - Digi-County Fair WINNER!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: photo back up!

I have 2 externals and my photos on a server where I work...which reminds me I need to archive again. I also use dropbox to upload my phone pics.

I would completely die if I lost my photos!!! It is a scary thing...

4. Likes Deanna liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, put them in AT LEAST two spots!! They really aren't "backed up" unless you back up the back up!! right??

6. Likes Ricki, craftytam liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I have 2 EHDs and I back up to BackBlaze. I've had too many hard drive crashes and other computer issues to not have several back ups!

Post Thanks / Like

Oh wow Deanna, that is one back up plan you have!
    I so agree, we can't be careful enough. All a matter of being aware and having a good plan.
    And definitely in different places.

Our photo's are priceless, we know what it would mean to lose our 'life in photo''s.
    Been there and that was so sad.

AngelclaudArtroom, SeatroutScraps, GingerScrapsAdTeam & SnickerdoodleDesigns.

Post Thanks / Like

I read online all the time about people that lost everything in a computer crash, or a hard drive crash and my heart just breaks for them!! I know how precious those photos are--and they aren't something that can be replaced unless they are "somewhere else" so ladies--I CHALLENGE you to make sure your photos are safe!! do it now. Tomorrow may be too late. On one of the externals I noticed just yesterday that some of my files didn't transfer to the new external--so I'm going to be working on that today!! I checked that by checking the space it took up and realized the space on the new external didn't jive with the space the photos took up on the older one--so I have to go through the files and figure out which ones didn't transfer!! nice!!

10. Likes SweetLittleNothingness, emscraps liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

1 external (have to get another because I've filled up 2 now)
    I also back-up to Google/Picasa and Flickr. I have my phone to automatically sync to G+ and OneDrive

emscraps is online now *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team
    *Sugar Cookie*
    *GingerScraps Praise Team

Post Thanks / Like

I have a question for you guys.... I do this, but when I back up, I just create a completely new file.
    Should I just copy new items to save space? I just get paranoid I might miss something....

Post Thanks / Like

I copy all thephoto files every month to at least of the two hard drives, and I also leave the photos on my computer for several months so I have something to work with--and also to make sure I have all the files on the externals.

Post Thanks / Like

Deanna-so all 4 of your HD have the same stuff on them? I just have 1, but all my pics are on Snapfish as well. I've been thinking of doing crashplan...

Quote Originally Posted by Deanna View Post
    Where do you have your photos backed up?? I'm so paranoid. I have 4 external hard drives--and another one at my daughters house in another state. I hear of people losing all their photos and I get sick to my stomach for them!! I don't use the cloud--my dh doesn't want my stuff in a cloud. I was thinking about putting one of my externals in the bank vault.
    There is nothing that can replace those photos--keep them safe!! Digital is scary!! and fun all at the same time.