Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I'm from the country and I like it that way, Kansas
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Download accelerator?

Hey fellow scrappers! Wondering if anyone here uses a download manager or accelerator they'd recommend?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Download accelerator?

I wish such a thing would work for me!! I love living in the "country" and having a bit of property... but I WISH I could get faster internet!!
    Someday hopefully they will bring high speed out to the boondocks where I live

3. Likes trina513 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

ugh! I hear ya Ginger. I am having sooo much trouble lately. :'(

5. Dislikes trina513 disliked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I am anxiously watching this thread, I'd love to find something that WORKS!!
    I am probably neglecting housework so I can be here... My Gallery

Post Thanks / Like

I think there is a conspiracy against all us scrappers!! My internet has given us nothing but trouble all week--and I was talking to my daughter (who lives about 2 hours away from us) and they've been having problems too, and her inlaws who live in New york, all the way across the country have been having problems too. It's probably someone trying to take the Internet out or something. HORRORS!! That would really bring our country to a screeching stop wouldn't it??

8. Dislikes trina513 disliked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Deanna, you could be scarily right! Seems like many I've talked to have had trouble lately! eek!
    Download Accelerator Plus is probably the one I saw around the most so I tried it. If you do make sure to opt out of every extra, add on thing it tries to give ya, there were several. But, I can't say it worked for me...I tried it twice and it said it couldn't accelerate the downloads, but FYI, I was not trying a GS download. Maybe I will soon and come back to let you know...

Post Thanks / Like

Our internet provider only guarantees a certain speed for uploads and downloads, so no matter what kind of accelerator you are going to use, you're not going to go over the amount you pay for. We've checked our speeds at http://www.speedtest.net/--and we know what we're paying for--and this week sometimes the speed wouldn't even register on the test. Other times, we're right up there were we are supposed to be. It's weird. When we are getting what we are supposed to get, I have no problems at all.

Post Thanks / Like

Very good point Deanna. This a.m. I am having a rather slow connection, even having problems loading multiple pages here at GS and my email. However, simultaneously, I am having pretty good luck getting completed downloads with the DAP program I mentioned. I tried a DL at the same time through Chrome and it timed out. The nice thing for me about DAP is that some servers will allow resume - therefore if there's a small time glitch in your internet(which I seem to get a lot and then all my other DL would quit) - these can continue! So, if you have crappy internet, I believe this is an option...not a miracle by any means, I am still waiting a bit, but at least my percentage of completed DL is higher!

Post Thanks / Like

Firefox lets me pause and restart downloads (I have to restart them sometimes because they'll get stuck somehow and a restart makes them fly)

Post Thanks / Like

Sarah, are you pausing it yourself though? or did the internet loose connection?
    Unfortunately the GS DL I am trying right now is not resume supported... is that something you can change in the server Ginger?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast