Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Gallery Guidelines?

Sorry to jump right in with a newbie question. I've looked around a bit and I haven't managed to find the gallery guidelines. I'm sure they are somewhere obvious and I'm just missing them. Can anyone link me up? Or summarize? What are the filesize limits and any other rules regarding LOs. Can I post pages using products made by designers at other stores? How about linking?

Thanks in advance, I appreciate it!
    Becca
    Read my Blog . . . . . . . . . . . View my GS Gallery

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Gallery Guidelines?

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong... But,

Size your photos to 600x600 (I'm not positive on MB size though)

If your posting layouts that don't use GingerScraps products, there is a section in the gallery for non-gingerscraps layouts.

While proper credits are always required and appreciated, I don't believe that GingerScraps allows for outside product links.

Post Thanks / Like

Gotcha. Thanks so much!
    Becca

Post Thanks / Like

LOs must be less than 150kb

Post Thanks / Like

well unless something has changed, it even states on the non ginger scraps gallery info: Post your Non-GingerScraps Layouts here- Make sure to give proper credits- Links OK
    so to me that is saying that links are ok to post for outside stores as long as they are in that specific gallery.. if thats not the case, i would think that someone needs to take that little tidbit out of there, because that seems a bit confusing, telling people you can post links and then saying you cant..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Misty View Post
    LOs must be less than 150kb
    This is not enforced by the gallery at all. Is it supposed to be? It is currently set without any limit on file size.

Post Thanks / Like

Ryan - Jillian wasn't sure, that's why she said "correct me if I'm wrong" - She didn't say you can't post links. She said "I don't believe that Gingerscraps allows outside links" - it leaves room for correction in case she was mistaken.

Becca,for now, outside links are still allowed.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks misty thats why i was all confused, i was thinking that i missed something and didnt get the memo.. lol
    so when i went and checked and it said it was ok, i was thinking, well maybe they dont anymore but maybe they didnt take down that message or something lol.. thanks again for the clarification!!

Post Thanks / Like

Ryan - no, thank you for pointing it out I didn't even see that Becca asked that. I had just skimmed the post.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for clearing that up Misty! Now. . . in case anyone checks this thread again. . . can I use outside products for challenges? I hope so, since I already did, but I will take down my page if that's not permitted.

(I know every forum has its own set of rules and I just want to be sure to follow them. I promise I'm not trying to stir up trouble!)
    Becca

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast