Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: August 2014 Template Challenge #2

Thanks for the lovely template! Here is mine.

Post Thanks / Like

Here's mine - thank you for the template Melissa

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for hosting Melissa and a wonderful template. I used Live Laugh Love by Keystone Scraps

Link to Gallery: http://gallery.gingerscraps.net/show...o-read&cat=818

Post Thanks / Like

Here's mine! This is a great template to play with, especially when doing portrait type layouts.
    Journaling is provided below the image.

In the mid-1950s, my dad was restationed to Okinawa, and we soon found ourselves
    living on Kadena Air Force Base. Life became easier for my mom thanks to a wonderful
    young lady named Fusako, who came to live with us part time. During the week, she
    stayed with us; on the weekends, she rejoined her family in the village. Sometimes she
    seemed reluctant to go home on Fridays, but she didn’t want to tell my parents why.
    However, they were adamant to know what was going on after Fusako came to work
    one Monday with bruises and a black eye. They learned that her dad liked to beat his
    wife when he drank too much saki, and Fusako was hurt when she tried to stop him.
    By this time, we all had come to love her very much. My parents even wanted to adopt
    her, but they didn’t have the funds to qualify. It broke our hearts to say goodbye to
    Fusako when my dad was reassigned to a stateside base. Now that I am retired and have
    more free time, I would love to visit Okinawa and see if I could find Fusako once again.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456