Thread: On a Roll!

Post Thanks / Like

Default On a Roll!

First of all, Yes, I am the one who is posting all the Christmas layouts to the gallery. I've had a few comments that it's the wrong time of year to do it but hey- gotta gett-er done!

I am headed back to school August 18 to finish the last year of my Master's degree. It's been a long few years with a lot of hiccups in the family but I am so excited to say that I only have 8 classes left! That said, I have been working fast and furiously to get my family scrapbooking as caught up as possible. I like to work chronologically for the most part and am to this last Christmas. I do have quite a bit of 2014 already done thanks to CT kits. I don't know why, but Christmas pages are the most tedious. I get so tired of the same looking photos year after year and yet I know I'll regret it if I don't do it.

But wow, I am seriously on a roll! It has been so fun to just sit and scrap scrap scrap all day and all night. My house is for sale and I have to keep it super clean which means it is staying relatively clean. Scrapping is seriously my therapy!

2. Likes geswho40, dodgeladee, klgossia, trina513 liked this post
    msbrad is online now *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team
    *Sugar Cookie*
    *GingerScraps Praise Team
    *Winner of Scrpping Survivor- Season 4

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: On a Roll!

Good for you! I'm excited you are getting your masters.....I stopped short completing mine.[Long story]-
    IMHO.... any LO finished is a great LO finished and check it off the list! [regardless, time of year]
    m
    Michelle

4. Thanks jencrook thanked for this post
    Likes geswho40, lorigaud, jencrook liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Good for you Jen!! I was elated after I worked on just my BS degree in nursing! I graduated from the junior college with an Associate degree in nursing, but continued on to get the BS degree despite that the hospital I already had a job with paid NO MORE for a BS degree than for an associate degree. That was kind of bummy, but it was something I wanted to do anyhow!! Keep it up, you are almost finished!! Oh, by the time I finished my BS, I was SO finished with school--forever!! That was as far as I went.
    Last edited by Deanna; 07-23-2014 at 10:00 PM.

6. Thanks jencrook thanked for this post
    Likes geswho40, jencrook liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I'm with Michi, Jen… never finished my master's either. One of my regrets in life for sure. Good for you for working toward your goal, even though a few years have gone by. That's awesome!

As far as the LO's go, I agree with Michi too…. any finished LO is a great LO! Way to get things done!

Congrats for finishing your BS Deanna!

8. Thanks jencrook thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I have serious problems with Christmas pages as well, not sure what's up with it, but I avoid them like the plague. And good job keeping up with the Master's degree. It took me forever to get mine, but it was such a great feeling at the end when I graduated. I was fortunate to start before I had kids, but didn't finish until my youngest was born. Keep up the good work with not only your scrapbooking but with your Masters degree!

10. Likes geswho40 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

LOl!! I'm with you, I just finished scrapping December 2012 (slowly but surely trying to catch up!) So I've scrapped a bunch of Christmas LOs lately too! (but not sure any made it into the gallery! LOL I was using up "old" kits while the store was down!)
    I am probably neglecting housework so I can be here... My Gallery

12. Likes geswho40 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on almost being done!! That's awesome! I say who cares when you get them complete... the magic is that you got them out of the computer and on a page. FANTASTIC!!

14. Thanks jencrook thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations on going back to school! You'll be so glad to have your Master's behind you.

Deanna, you mentioned not getting paid more for a higher degree. That's how it was with my Master's. I had a harder time getting a teaching position after my Master's because they had to pay me a whopping $400 more per YEAR. Ha! They came out and told me that they had to hire all of those who came in with a BS or BA before those with an MS or MEd and all of those who "knew" somebody in the system. That would never fly today. I ended up in a school I really liked, so it worked out, but I can remember how stupid I thought it all was.

What's your field of study?

Post Thanks / Like

Good for you getting caught up! I don't think it matters what season you've scrapped or when...it's done!
    How exciting to be so close to getting your Master's. What is your degree in? That will definitely be something to celebrate!