Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Old pictures, old scrapping stuff....what to do??

Hahaha - I laughed at the make 10 million cards! ;) I'm telling ya - I love the feeling of getting rid of things…. lol

I have two HUGE moving boxes of stuff for donations already. I went through stuff before we packed up our stuff to move. We just moved and unpacked our stuff, and I already have that much stuff to donate.

WOW - how many times can I used the word stuff? ;) teehee
    Last edited by Colleen; 07-09-2014 at 07:35 PM.

2. Likes msbrad, emscraps liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

You ladies are going to make the people who receive your stuff very happy! (Colleen, I couldn't resist using "stuff" just for you. )

Good luck Em! I still do hybrid and make cards, so I've kept quite a bit of my scrapping supplies/tools, but I did give away things I didn't use often. For example, a big shoebox of those scissors that cut with the decorative edge went out the door and I was glad to have the free space. Maybe sort by how often you've used an item?

4. Thanks emscraps thanked for this post
    Likes emscraps, msbrad liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Aaaw, Em! How sweet of your little guy to offer to share his space with you.

I think the hardest part when we had to downsize was getting rid of my craft room...it was pretty awesome (photos on my blog) http://craftytam.com/?p=385

I sold a lot of stuff on eBay and to friends & gave a bunch away. I still have a few plastic bins in the garage with paper and stuff that is used for kids' projects, etc.

At first, I put my pre-digi photos that hadn't been scrapped yet along with paper and embellishments into large ziptop bags so that I could easily scrap them. There were 16 large plastic bins! After a while, I decided that there was NO WAY I was going back to paper scrapping. I've pulled the pictures out and eventually will go through and scan, or check for negatives to take to Costco to put on discs.

I've scanned some of the kids' artwork. Some of it I will put in sleeves in their albums, and some are in their "memory boxes" - each of my kids has 2 tubs of "memory stuff" that they wanted to keep - or that I thought would be fun for them to go through when they're grown up.

Things like travel brochures, etc that I want in my scrapbooks, I've scanned (or set aside to scan when I have time).

I'm reluctant to throw things away, but once I know I have a digital copy, I'm good!

Good luck!

6. Thanks emscraps thanked for this post
    Likes emscraps liked this post

I'm from the country and I like it that way, Kansas
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh Em! I love that you scrapped a digi page about your real physical scrapbooking supplies, lol! I feel for ya, not sure how'd I'd handle that!
    Tammy! What a room!!

8. Thanks emscraps thanked for this post
    Likes emscraps liked this post
    msbrad is online now *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team
    *Sugar Cookie*
    *GingerScraps Praise Team
    *Winner of Scrpping Survivor- Season 4

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by craftytam View Post
    Aaaw, Em! How sweet of your little guy to offer to share his space with you.

I think the hardest part when we had to downsize was getting rid of my craft room...it was pretty awesome (photos on my blog) http://craftytam.com/?p=385

I sold a lot of stuff on eBay and to friends & gave a bunch away. I still have a few plastic bins in the garage with paper and stuff that is used for kids' projects, etc.

At first, I put my pre-digi photos that hadn't been scrapped yet along with paper and embellishments into large ziptop bags so that I could easily scrap them. There were 16 large plastic bins! After a while, I decided that there was NO WAY I was going back to paper scrapping. I've pulled the pictures out and eventually will go through and scan, or check for negatives to take to Costco to put on discs.

I've scanned some of the kids' artwork. Some of it I will put in sleeves in their albums, and some are in their "memory boxes" - each of my kids has 2 tubs of "memory stuff" that they wanted to keep - or that I thought would be fun for them to go through when they're grown up.

Things like travel brochures, etc that I want in my scrapbooks, I've scanned (or set aside to scan when I have time).

I'm reluctant to throw things away, but once I know I have a digital copy, I'm good!

Good luck!
    this looks like a store!!! Come rescue me!!!!
    m
    Michelle

10. Likes craftytam, emscraps liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by msbrad View Post
    this looks like a store!!! Come rescue me!!!!
    m
    LOL! Michi, it was like a store! It was so awesome. I had crops several times a month...lots of fun
    I love digi and have NO desire to go back to paper, but given the opportunity, I would love to have another room like this!

12. Likes msbrad, emscraps liked this post
    emscraps is online now *GingerBread Girl*
    *Sugar Cookie*

Post Thanks / Like

Linda, those deco scissors....LOL. Weren't those just the coolest thing in the world way back when? I've downsized that room a few times in the past and those were one of the first to go, LOL. My mom, not a crafter at all, wanted to buy some at Michael's one day? Really?! mom? Really??

14. Likes LLinda, msbrad, craftytam liked this post
    *Sugar Cookie*

Post Thanks / Like

*THUD* Did you just hear me fall? OMG, Tammy! Your room is amazing. Those are the kind of rooms you would find in magazines...and you had to give that up? Wow, that must have been so difficult! How fun that must have been to play in and crop. If I knew you back then, I would have loved to come and crop with you!! But I'd probably just spend my time staring at all your goodies!

16. Likes MamaCake liked this post
    *Sugar Cookie*

Post Thanks / Like

Update: The boys are in their own rooms now. We're almost done fixing up Joey's room, have space where his bed will go, I have the computer in there and we took out all of Jordan's clothes and madness! He went to private school from K-8. Once he went to HS and had to wear non-uniform clothes....oh my! He is a clothes addict. Worse than Jassy. YIKES! Wears them once, then feels the need to toss it. Geesh! I stash them and put them back in his closet, haha!

here is Joey, our crazy sleeper! We're getting his bed this weekend, I'm worried he'll fall off!

18. Likes LLinda, msbrad liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by emscraps View Post
    *THUD* Did you just hear me fall? OMG, Tammy! Your room is amazing. Those are the kind of rooms you would find in magazines...and you had to give that up? Wow, that must have been so difficult! How fun that must have been to play in and crop. If I knew you back then, I would have loved to come and crop with you!! But I'd probably just spend my time staring at all your goodies!
    LOL Em! This room was my happy place! I would just go down there to sit and have some peace! It was very hard to give up, but I know that at some point, I'll have something like it again....and I'll invite you down to scrap with me!

20. Likes msbrad, emscraps liked this post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast