Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    emscraps is online now *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team
    *Sugar Cookie*
    *GingerScraps Praise Team

Post Thanks / Like

Default Old pictures, old scrapping stuff....what to do??

Welp, I'm losing my scrapbook room.

All 3 kiddos will finally have their own room. Joey (our youngest) has offered to let me share his room (so sweet!!), but I feel bad, maybe I'll just use his closet? LOL. Oh, the computer will be there, too

But what to do with everything? I still need some of the scrapping stuff when I make my cards or other projects. Even with school projects, the kids always seem to need flowers or buttons or papers....

And all the 4x6 pictures I was hoping to get scrapped that never happened. Some are before digi-cams, I'll keep those, but if I have the digital copy, should I just dump them??

I plan on donating bunches of extras to the preschool the kids went to.
    Geesh, I even have baby shower cards and decorations from Jordan (my 14year old first born)!!
    And all those vacation pamphlets, haha!! I'm such a sentimental hoarder!

2. Likes trina513 liked this post
    msbrad is online now *GingerBread Girl*
    *Sugar Cookie*
    *Winner of Scrpping Survivor- Season 4

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Old pictures, old scrapping stuff....what to do??

Oh Em, Oh Em, Oh Em.....I would be totally inconsolable if I lost "my" room! I'm probably not the best to give advice but here goes if any helps-
    Printed photos- Go thru them and see have many duplicates you really have,see which ones are the most meaningful- discard the leftovers. Keep just one copy -Then scan what is most important to preserve onto DVD. IF you've scrapped it digitally, can discard the printed 4x6.
    paper scrapping supplies- donate or sell [I was lucky to sell some of mine but still enough for a small store to start up]
    Travel Brochures- I have a ton too of places we've gone with info about the place with good intentions of scrapping that information. Well most of the time I cannot locate the right brochure and I google search for the info anyhow.

That is so sweet of Joey to share his room with you.
    Good luck.
    m
    Michelle

4. Thanks emscraps thanked for this post
    Likes emscraps liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

The travel folders would be the easiest for me to get rid of--I NEVER get rid of photos!! Not even many yucky digi photos. I can't hardly even have the WORDS "photos" and "delete" in the same sentence. I DID get rid of about 1/2 of my paper supplies this past year, but my room is still full. AND I have more in the shed that I haven't sorted through yet. I have a little roller drawer unit with craft supplies for the kids when they come to visit--and the rest I have pretty well organized in various cupboards in the sb room! I DO give up my room when we have company--AND my dh has an electronics area set up in there on the desk. I don't use it except for making an occasional card--or something!!

When I got rid of my stuff, I gave my granddaughters and my daughter in law a LOT of stuff. My dil has a Bible study group that has a lot of craft days throughout the year--and I gave a bunch to the Sunday School department at MY church, and I took a load to one of my daughters house that homeschools, so she uses a lot of that stuff too. I taught her girls how to digi, though, so maybe they won't be using as much. Oh, I also gave the teen girl next door a BUNCH of stuff too--she loved it!! We also have a "residential house" on the other side of us--for girls that can't live by themselves--and they got some of the stuff too. I certainly had a lot to share--and if I could get rid of some more, I'm sure I wouldn't have any problems finding a place for the stuff!! Good luck!!

6. Thanks emscraps thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Oh oh... cannot help you, because I started as a digiscrapper and I wanna stay a digiscrapper. The only thing I scrapped "manual" was our wedding album..and itīs soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo big...so I prefer my photobooks.

Hope you find a way to sort, that you can live with!

Proud CT member of the GingerScrap Designers: SeaTroutScraps, LittleRadTrio, CreatedByJill, ViolaMoni, Lissykay and

8. Thanks emscraps thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I never get rid of photos either, and not a good person to give advice since I too am a scrap hoarder, lol. I have tried a gazillion times to sell a bunch of stuff but I keep getting stuck on "I might need that again", lol. My craft room is a huge mess from trying to box things up and then sorting through it again to make a card or something, lol. I'm pathetic really, and can't make up my mind. Your son is sweet Good luck

10. Thanks emscraps thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I started as a paper scrapped. I had tons of stuff. I seriously got rid of it all. Everything. I survived! ;)

I suggest find the spot where you are going to store your craft supplies first. Once you find that spot, you will have an idea of how much you can actually keep. I think that will make going through it all and organizing it easier!

As for photos. I have a HUGE plastic tote of photos and negatives! Once I have all my negatives scanned, I am going to toss all my printed photos. I hate having stuff that takes up space that isn't used. Those albums don't sit out. They are in the plastic tote under the stairs. Once they are scrapped, the albums can sit out! lol

I also think after I have all the negatives scanned, I am going to toss all my negatives too. I'm not entirely certain on that one.

I toss photos. I delete photos. Once I scrap photos, I delete the photos that I didn't scrap. I don't see the point in keeping photos that didn't make it into my scrapbook. They must not have been that great! ;)

I don't know that I am the best one for advice. I am not a pack rat. I don't like to keep things. It's been bothering me that I still have that tote of photos and negatives following me around. LOL

I seriously go through our house at least twice a year and get rid of stuff. lol

As for the travel brochures and such - have you thought of taking pictures of them and then tossing?

I do that for all the kids' artwork. It either gets photographed or scanned then recycled.

I love the layout that you made, BTW. Cute! Joey is such a sweetie too. He must take after his mom!!!!

Good Luck, Em!!!
    Last edited by Colleen; 07-09-2014 at 03:30 PM.

12. Thanks emscraps thanked for this post
    Likes trina513, emscraps, dodgeladee liked this post
    *Sugar Cookie*

Post Thanks / Like

okay, don't cringe...eek! I'm almost embarrassed, but oh well. haha!!
    We took out EVERYTHING from the scraproom/office/room to put stuff in...

Here is everything (the stuff on the floor) in all its glory! How in the world did it fit in the one little room?
    Behind the madness is a HUGE box, like a TV size box FULL of other misc stuff!
    Three of the drawers in the dresser are full of photo in boxes. In addition to the ones on top.
    There are rolling carts, plastic drawers, wire shelve.... A-ya!!

I also have this thing that I have no idea where to put. I love it though.
    Sometimes when I was stressed, I would look at it. What a dork, LOL!

Post Thanks / Like

I have a room just like this...I used to sell the stuff and hold classes! If you are looking to get rid of stuff you can always check with a battered women's shelter or nursing home...a lot of those places take stuff like that. I have started selling some of my stuff...make some money selling it on Ebay.

15. Thanks emscraps thanked for this post
    *Sugar Cookie*

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, that was me once upon a time, LOL. I used to teach classes so I always ended up with lots of extras. I have sold a bunch over time, but I feel like no one really wants it anymore. I could try ebay, I usually just sold on craigslist of something. I would make up "kits" with papers/stickers, etc... and sell them like that.

It's just sooo hard to part from all that scrappy goodness! LOL.

*Sugar Cookie*

Post Thanks / Like

I need to follow Colleen and just unload, unload, unload! You are right, once I figure out exactly what space I have, I will make due. Or I can just make 10million cards with all the supplies I have on hand! haha!

18. Likes Colleen, dodgeladee liked this post
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast