Post Thanks / Like

Default Got stuck on highway!

Well, I was driving to work and everything was going normal….singing to my favorite Maroon 5 songs, getting out my ID-ready to drive on base…until…I saw white smoke coming from under the hood of my car AND I noticed it was running the hottest the gauge could show!! I was pretty close to my destination, but I was getting nervous, scared even, called hubby, we decided I should try and make it there and then deal with a tow truck, etc.

I pulled into the turn lane to turn on base and THEN it dies! Like I'd already pulled halfway out into the intersection waiting for traffic to pass and for my turn to go and whammo, it dies. I tried restarting several times but no luck. Sigh.

So, a nice guy helped push me out of the way and several hours later my car is in the shop, don't yet know what's wrong. It'll work out, things always do.

But the scariest part of all this was being in the middle of the lanes of traffic and stuck there! I was so scared, 6 lanes of traffic whizzing by and no power to get the heck out! I was thinking, how am I going to cross the street…i was at a place with no crosswalk! Thankfully there are nice people in the world and one of them was behind me in line to turn. Instead of being rude and impatient, he showed compassion. I am so appreciative!

And for Luv Ewe Designs and April/May Guest for Connie Prince

2. Likes trina513, geswho40, chigirl liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Got stuck on highway!

Oh Jen that's terribly scary, you poor thing! I dread the idea of that happening. I hit a deer 2 weeks ago, and after all of these years of driving the back roads, this is my first time, and it was so scary.
    I'm glad you're OK and you got out of traffic and your car to the shop. The biggest and most dreadful part is over. I hope you can get your car back and the financial damage won't be too horrific (((hugs)))

Dagi siggy template, Jec C Chunky Alpha, Aprilisa O'Halloween kit

msbrad is online now *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team
    *Sugar Cookie*
    *GingerScraps Praise Team
    *Winner of Scrpping Survivor- Season 4

Post Thanks / Like

Yikes on this ordeal. Happy a guardian angel found you.!
    m
    Michelle

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, my gosh! That sounds so scary! I am glad that it all worked out okay! Thank heavens for good people willing to help others! Hope they get your car fixed soon, too!

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry that happened to you!! Hope you get your car back soon.

Post Thanks / Like

OMGoodness, how scary, Jen! I'm so glad there was a good Samaritan there to help you and that you are safe!

scrappinbella is online now *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team
    *Lead Sugar Cookie*
    *GingerScraps Praise Team

Post Thanks / Like

wow! scary indeed!...I, too, have had some nice strangers help me out a few times and know how grateful I was that they were there...now I always to remember to "pay it forward" whenever I see someone needs assistance..even if it's just making a phone call for them..thank goodness you had one right behind you

Post Thanks / Like

Yikes that's so scary!! So happy to hear that there are still nice guys out there!! Some people have no compassion or understanding!! Hopefully it gets fixed quickly and doesn't cost you an arm & a leg!
    I am probably neglecting housework so I can be here... My Gallery

Post Thanks / Like

Oh no! That is freaky!! I'm a paranoid driver.... every little smell or sound I think my car is breaking! LOL

I hope your car gets fixed soon! Thank God you were not hurt! YIKES!!

Post Thanks / Like

That's so....I don't know