Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Default June's book: The Husband's Secret

I hope I've picked what is a great book for this month's book club! My sister read it and rated it 5 stars and said it would be a good book for book club. I always like getting such great reviews!

This month's book is The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarty. Here's a synopsis:
    From the author of the critically acclaimed What Alice Forgot comes a breakout new novel about the secrets husbands and wives keep from each other.

My Darling Cecilia
    If you're reading this, then I've died . . .

Imagine your husband wrote you a letter, to be opened after his death. Imagine, too, that the letter contains his deepest, darkest secret - something so terrible it would destroy not just the life you built together, but the lives of others too. Imagine, then, that you stumble across that letter while your husband is still very much alive . . .

Cecilia Fitzpatrick achieved it all - she's an incredibly successful business woman, a pillar of her small community and a devoted wife and mother. Her life is as orderly and spotless as her home. But that letter is about to change everything, and not just for her: Rachel and Tess barely know Cecilia - or each other - but they too are about to feel the earth-shattering repercussions of her husband's devastating secret.

I will post a discussion thread around the middle of the month. I also would like to have a chat. Would anybody be interested in a chat? If so, I would try to schedule it sometime the week of the 15th of June as I am gone on vacation the week after that. If you would like to participate in the chat, please let me know what day of the week is best that week and what time.

2. Likes scrapjrlgcp liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: June's book: The Husband's Secret

Oh read this one and LOVED it tooo!!!!!

♥ creating for Gingerscraps Site CT ♥

Post Thanks / Like

well, now I have to find this book, I want to know his secret...a chat would work for me if it's in the evening. Im in CA. Thanks for the great pick.

Proudly Creating for
    Ginger Scraps CT - Connie Prince - Luv Ewe - Little Rad Trio
    Amy Martin - Lynne-Marie - Sas Designs
    Guesting for Kaye Winiecki

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, this does sound like a really good read. Off to see if the library has a copy!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not too far into the book and I told my husband about the letter that the woman found (which you will learn about right from the beginning) and my husband told me he is going to start leaving random notes around the house that I will find at random times that really say nothing. He really knows how to push my buttons! That would drive me nuts!

7. Likes scrapjrlgcp liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

haha!! Becky you have to let us know if he really does

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think he actually will but who knows?

Post Thanks / Like

Oooh! This sounds interesting! Its now on my too read list!
    Jane
    Happily Designing for Scrap Art Studio

11. Likes scrapjrlgcp liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not anywhere near finishing this book so I think I'm going to have to postpone the chat until the very end of the month of the beginning of July since I will be gone on vacation starting the 21st. Does anyone mind holding the chat on July 1st?

Post Thanks / Like

I will be out of town July 1st-5th but do what you have to with or without me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast