Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Grandparents

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Grandparents

I only knew one of the 4 grandparents, as the other three had passed long before I was born. However, my maternal grandmother and I were very close. She moved in with us after I was born and took care of us while our parents went back to work. She was almost like a second mother to me. She passed a few years after I graduated from college. I treasure all the memories I had with her.

Now that my own little baby was just born (yay! He's three weeks old today!!) I want him to know his grandparents. He is lucky to have 3 of his 4 grandparents still living. (My dad passed 5 years ago...boy do I wish he could be here to meet his new grandson named after him). My mom has been here nearly every day and I have a feeling she will follow in my grandmother's footsteps and be like a second mommy to my little guy

Grandparents are wonderful and amazing people!

2. Thanks craftytam thanked for this post
    Likes geswho40, craftytam liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

My kids don't really have grandpas and it makes me really sad. I mean, they "have" them, but both my dad and my husband's dad are "absentee." Both my mom & husband's mom love the kids (and are in the area), but don't really make much time to be with the kids (sad again). This was hard on my daughter when she was younger because she had friends who had very involved grandparents.
    I've resolved that when I become a grandma, I'm going to be around the kids as much as they will let me!

4. Likes geswho40 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats Amy, I didn't know you had a little one, how wonderful!

Dagi siggy template, Jec C Chunky Alpha, Aprilisa O'Halloween kit

6. Thanks familyhistoryscrapper thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I guess I was lucky to have grandmother's and one great-grandmother very much a part of my life growing up. I also had a step-grandfather who was awesome. Both of my daughters were able to know my maternal grandmother for a bit before she succumbed to Alzheimer's Disease. They're lucky to have been really close to both sets of grandparents, though. Both of my parents are still living and active, as is my mother-in-law.

My girls are 22 and 20 - but no marriages or grandchildren in sight for me. I will be a crazy-involved grandma, I hope!

8. Likes craftytam liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Mine are all gone I wasn't very close to them as I lived many states away from them growing up and that was in the days of expensive long distance phone calls and no internet, eek! But when I was little my Grandmother would keep in touch and send me mail and $2 bills which was always exciting!

And for Luv Ewe Designs and April/May Guest for Connie Prince

10. Thanks craftytam thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zenjen View Post
    Mine are all gone I wasn't very close to them as I lived many states away from them growing up and that was in the days of expensive long distance phone calls and no internet, eek! But when I was little my Grandmother would keep in touch and send me mail and $2 bills which was always exciting!
    I think it's so much easier now with email, FB, Skype, texting, etc for us to stay in touch with each other...even if someone who isn't "tech savvy," most have at least a cell phone and can text.
    The $2 bill thing must be a grandma thing because my mother-in-law did that with our kids

emscraps is online now *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team
    *Sugar Cookie*
    *GingerScraps Praise Team

Post Thanks / Like

I lost my grandparents years ago, both grandmothers when I was 15, my grandfather a few years before, and my other grandfather passed when my grandmother was pregnant with my mom!

My parents are very involved as grandparents. They spoil my children like there is no tomorrow. I have to keep reminding them that they are not the occasional grandparents that spoil them a few times a year. They are helping raise my kids...and can't spoil them like that, LOL! She thinks I'm so mean...ugh! Oh well, she doesn't remember the time when she was raising me, haha!!

13. Thanks craftytam thanked for this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12