Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Default My computer is getting full...

As I shop for iNSD and fill my computer with additional downloads, and begin using all the awesome new goodies….I realize I save all my stash but rarely go back and use a kit again…there is just always so much NEW awesomeness coming out, you know?

Do you go back and re-use kits? And if not, do you keep them anyway, or delete after use?

I'm a curious bird! (anyone get that children's book reference? My son's FAVORITE series)

And for Luv Ewe Designs and April/May Guest for Connie Prince

2. Likes trina513, Ricki, emscraps liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: My computer is getting full...

I am interested in everyone's answers to this one, too! I have the same problem on my EHD! I have gone back and looked a little bit through some of my kits and deleted some that I didn't think I would ever use again; either they were freebies that I didn't love or things that I didn't love anymore for whatever reason. I rarely go back and re-use kits, so I have thought maybe I should delete a good portion of them, but I just can't bring myself to do it yet!

4. Likes craftytam, Ricki, emscraps, MamaCake, zenjen liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I would never intentionally delete any kits, but I lost an EHD that was nearly full, and lost everything on it I do have a hard time using older kits too though, and I had so much for so many different stores, that I found myself purchasing kits I already had (rolling eyes), and my memory isn't getting any better, so I'm going to try to be more organized...somehow, lol. Hard drives are fairly inexpensive these days, so when this one gets full, I will just buy another one, because I just wouldn't be able to delete any of them. I'm not on any CT's right now, so i don't accumulate as many as I once did. You are both on CT's so I can imagine you have wayyyy more than you could ever use. What if you were to get another hard drive and put all of your favorites on that one. You could have a working one and a favorite one...
    Also when I was an admin at a different store, I used to have a challenge monthly that would require you to use a kit you rarely get a chance to use, or perhaps haven't used yet at all. That would get you to look through your stash and dig up something(s) that you may have forgotten that you had.
    That is all I have

Dagi siggy template, Jec C Chunky Alpha, Aprilisa O'Halloween kit

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe we should have a challenge like that here Great idea!

Quote Originally Posted by geswho40 View Post
    Also when I was an admin at a different store, I used to have a challenge monthly that would require you to use a kit you rarely get a chance to use, or perhaps haven't used yet at all. That would get you to look through your stash and dig up something(s) that you may have forgotten that you had.
    That is all I have

And for Luv Ewe Designs and April/May Guest for Connie Prince

7. Likes craftytam, trina513, Ricki, MamaCake, geswho40 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Oh baby I´m a known digi hoarder.
    I´ve been digi scrapping for 8 years and I have more than 3,000 full kits plus templates and tools
    I rarely use a kit twice, but I have a couple of favorites.
    I have a EHD with everything and I have a second one that I clean twice a year and I keep like 100 kits in my laptop plus CT stuff and newly buyed kits (yes, I buy new stuff)
    Once I download and unzip I label the preview and move the kit to the EHDs, same goes for CT stuff once I´m done
    I´ve bought kits that I already have VERY OFTEN, and one of my EHD crashed once and I lost all my Christmas kits (I was devastated). I usually spend 30 to 45 minuts just browsing my kits before I choose a kit
    But I love love love to shop on my hard drive as much as shop in the store... he

I'm from the country and I like it that way, Kansas
    Post Thanks / Like

I was thinking along these same lines/questions the other day. I was wondering how long have you been scrapping and how many EHD's have you gone through or are currently using? I started scrapping 3 1/2 years ago. I have a 1T that is about as full as it can get and starting to give me troubles. I am in the process of moving stuff on it over and deleting things I don't love as I go. I used to use CrashPlan but don't anymore. What other methods of back up/saving do y'all use? I have all my pictures saved in about three places, internal drive, EHD and online SnapFish so I'm covered with them. I don't like the thought of losing a EHD and having all my scrap stuff gone though!

10. Likes zenjen, trina513, geswho40, emscraps liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I have two internal hard drives and two external, and I am running out of space too!

I recently started weeding out my folders, I save by the month. I'm (trying) to keep about 4GB per month then save them to a DVD. I save all my LO's and fav kits and delete the rest. And then, after checking the DVD about 9 times (to make sure it's all really there) I delete the folder from that drive. It's a slow process but they are saved without fear something will die.

12. Likes craftytam, zenjen, trina513, geswho40, emscraps liked this post
    msbrad is online now *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team
    *Sugar Cookie*
    *GingerScraps Praise Team
    *Winner of Scrpping Survivor- Season 4

Post Thanks / Like

Like Oriana, I'm a kit collector and have been around digi for a long time. Although I do occasionally delete some kits that I know I will never use, most I have. I often reuse kits too.

Last year I wrote a tutorial on saving Hard Drive Space. There are screen shots, plus 2 word docs in it.
    https://app.box.com/s/no0s03hhfd2sk6jd0pl4

hoping the linky is correct.
    m
    Michelle

14. Thanks craftytam, Ricki, geswho40 thanked for this post
    Likes craftytam, zenjen, Ricki, emscraps, geswho40 liked this post
    emscraps is online now *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team
    *Sugar Cookie*

Post Thanks / Like

I was thinking the same thing recently!! I have to say, I do go back and use kits again, especially theme kits.
    For sure, I do not delete kits from GS designers!!

16. Likes craftytam, msbrad, zenjen, geswho40, trina513 liked this post
    Ricki is online now *Sugar Cookie*
    *Snickerdoodle*
    *GingerScraps Ad Team

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa View Post
    I have two internal hard drives and two external, and I am running out of space too!

I recently started weeding out my folders, I save by the month. I'm (trying) to keep about 4GB per month then save them to a DVD. I save all my LO's and fav kits and delete the rest. And then, after checking the DVD about 9 times (to make sure it's all really there) I delete the folder from that drive. It's a slow process but they are saved without fear something will die.
    Don't forget DVD's hold for only around four or five years!

Thanks for the link Michi!

Angelclaud Artroom, Seatrout Scraps, GingerScrapsAdTeam, SnickerdoodleDesigns, & Bright Ideas.

18. Likes craftytam, zenjen, geswho40, msbrad liked this post
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast