Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Default What are you Easter plans?

Our choir's been busy getting ready for the Tenebrae service and also for Easter, and I'm loving the songs. In fact, I leave in 20 minutes for another rehearsal. On Saturdy (before Easter) all the grandkids are coming for an Easter egg hunt, and I've decided to borrow an idea I saw online that another grandma did. Each little one will be looking for eggs in his or her own color. That way I can put things like tiny bottles of nail polish and bracelets in the girls and the boys won't get those eggs. They also end up with the same number that way. Fingers crossed for pretty weather!

What are your plans?

2. Likes geswho40 liked this post
    prettyingreen is offline *GingerBread Lady*
    *Designer: Pretty in Green Designs
    *Winner of Scrpping Survivor- Season 2

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: What are you Easter plans?

That sounds like a great idea, I know my boy tries to get all the eggs. We're headed to church then an egg hunt at my husbands dads then dinner and egg hunt at his moms, I'm still tring to figure out what dish I'm going to make... All the veggie dishes I like have to be warm and I don't think I'll be able to keep the dish warm since we're hitting both houses this year. It might just be salad lol

4. Likes geswho40 liked this post
    msbrad is online now *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team
    *Sugar Cookie*
    *GingerScraps Praise Team
    *Winner of Scrpping Survivor- Season 4

Post Thanks / Like

I will definitely dye eggs with my little grandson. As for the official Easter Sunday, DH and I will take my dad to church. DD is working [her year for this holiday] and the baby is still to young to know the difference. [DD is an RN]. I hope we see the little one, but may celebrate a day prior or after for pics.
    m
    Michelle

6. Likes KathrynEstry, geswho40 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

That's a great idea about each kid having a color to find! Love that!

We will be having a big family dinner here. Then shortly after that my parents will be leaving for their travels (round 2). Last time they were gone for a year. This time they plan to travel for 2 years. I'm sooooo sad, we will miss them so much! But excited they get to go live the dream, that they have been planning and talking about our whole lives.

Easter baskets are a bit different, since my kids are 16 and 13. My 16 year old daughter is getting a basket full of Lush products! I'm struggling to resist the urge to use them myself! Lol. I got her pretty much every product from the Easter line! So much fun!
    My 13 (14 in 3 weeks) year old son is getting new running ear buds, they are water proof and made for running. And a $20 credit to audible, so he can pick out some books

For our Easter tradition, my mom has a set of plastic eggs, in a special container. Each egg contains an object to represent the story of Jesus. We sit on a blanket and each kid takes turns open the eggs, they are in order based on the color of the egg. There is a picture book along with the set, so she shows the pictures to help tell the story. They all love it, the youngest is 7, but even the oldest grandchild, who is 21... She still loves it and participates.

I hope you a have wonderful Easter celebrations!!

8. Likes KathrynEstry, geswho40 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I love reading your Easter plans. It's such a special time of the year!

Ginger, I'd LOVE to get more information on the Jesus eggs. What a fabulous idea!

Edited...
    I just found THIS online.

10. Likes geswho40 liked this post
    missdamsel is online now *Site Manager
    *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team
    *Scrapping Survivor - Digi-County Fair - WINNER! {staff}

Post Thanks / Like

I just found out that my son and his fiancée and her kids will be here for Easter! YAY!! I am so excited, this will be the first time we have met Hannah and the new grandkids!!

SO, I better get busy shopping!!

12. Likes KathrynEstry, craftytam, geswho40 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

We will have it quiet this year! Maybe we will have a little easter brunch and on sunday we have a Dart turnier with barbecue at our dart local. I think it will be a funny day!

Proud CT member of the GingerScrap Designers: SeaTroutScraps, LittleRadTrio, CreatedByJill, ViolaMoni, Lissykay and

14. Likes KathrynEstry, geswho40 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Missi, that's so exciting! Melly, your day sounds really fun, too!

Post Thanks / Like

We always celebrate Easter with Todd's family, and go to his sisters. Our Daughter Claire is the oldest Grandchild on Todd's side and has the first Great Grandchildren (3). Our Grandson Paxton, who will be 4 on May 3, remembers Easter and the egg hunt so he's excited. Lennox who just turned 2 will have fun with his brother, but will probably not understand why they are running around looking for plastic eggs, lol. Zoe just turned 3 months, so we will all just be fighting over who gets to hold her next Most of the Nieces and Nephews are older now, so the number of egg hunters has dwindled significantly. We hide candy in most eggs, but the golden eggs have money, so the kids are after as many of those as possible we all bring a dish to share and have a meal, and just enjoy each others company. It's always a fun day

Dagi siggy template, Jec C Chunky Alpha, Aprilisa O'Halloween kit

17. Likes KathrynEstry liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I think we are going to dye eggs on Friday, Saturday morning our church is doing a "Ressurection Journey" of Jesus' last days. It's an interactive walk through and snacks are provided so we will stay through lunch, then I'm getting my hair done.

Sunday after church service, my MIL is hosting a late lunch and egg hunt. I'll have to get to stuffing eggs, but probably wont get to it till Saturday night, haha

· ·

19. Likes KathrynEstry, geswho40 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast