Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Default April's book: Reconstructing Amelia

Jessica mentioned to me that she wanted to read Reconstructing Amelia by Kimberly McCreight. I checked it out and literally read it in 24 hours! This is a thriller/mystery and many people have been comparing it as a similar type of book to Gone Girl. I liked this one much better Here's a little bit about the book.

"In Reconstructing Amelia, the stunning debut novel from Kimberly McCreight, Kate's in the middle of the biggest meeting of her career when she gets the telephone call from Grace Hall, her daughter’s exclusive private school in Park Slope, Brooklyn. Amelia has been suspended, effective immediately, and Kate must come get her daughter—now. But Kate’s stress over leaving work quickly turns to panic when she arrives at the school and finds it surrounded by police officers, fire trucks, and an ambulance. By then it’s already too late for Amelia. And for Kate.An academic overachiever despondent over getting caught cheating has jumped to her death. At least that’s the story Grace Hall tells Kate. And clouded as she is by her guilt and grief, it is the one she forces herself to believe. Until she gets an anonymous text: She didn’t jump.
    Reconstructing Amelia is about secret first loves, old friendships, and an all-girls club steeped in tradition. But, most of all, it’s the story of how far a mother will go to vindicate the memory of a daughter whose life she couldn’t save."

Just to warn you, there are swear words and some moments between teenagers that could be uncomfortable for some readers. But I still really enjoyed it and I hope you do as well!

I know the price for the kindle edition is a little high, Jessica has the book and she said is willing to share it.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: April's book: Reconstructing Amelia

I cant wait to start this one!!! As Becky said I am willing to share so let me know if you want to read along

♥ creating for Gingerscraps Site CT ♥

Post Thanks / Like

Too funny, I just finished this one for my IRL book club!
    I am probably neglecting housework so I can be here... My Gallery

4. Likes scrapjrlgcp liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Did you like the book Trina?

Post Thanks / Like

Yay Trina!! You can join in this month on the discussion

♥ creating for Gingerscraps Site CT ♥

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I always have good intentions of doing the discussion, but then either the book doesn't come in on time (I always request from the library, I'm too cheap (fragile? LOL) to buy books!) or I don't finish, my reading time has been so limited lately, I blame my husband switching jobs! So at least this one I'm done with! YAY! LOL!!

As far as liking it goes, I thought I would like it more (I'm actually reading gone girl right now, so its funny that you compared the two, It's been on my "to read" list for a while!) It had some interesting twists at the end that's for sure! I started out really liking it, but it seemed to drag in the middle, IMO! Ok I wont say any more I don't want to spoil anything! Oh, and one more thing, it was definitely one I HAD to finish, even if I wasn't that into it...if that makes any sense...ha ha
    I am probably neglecting housework so I can be here... My Gallery

Post Thanks / Like

Requesting from library. Hopefully it will come in time as there is a little wait list.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, my gosh, I was all wrapped up in this season's Survivor and totally forgot about the GS Book Club til now!

Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully you can read this book Linda! It was a fast read!

Post Thanks / Like

I actually just read this book a bit ago! I will be watching the discussion curious to see what you all think of it.

12. Likes trina513 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast