Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Any Techies out there?? I need some help

Okay will wait for the complete errorcode (the rest of 000blabla ;) ) - but I still found this hot-fix on the microsoft page, seems to be the right for your problem:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/952249/en-us7

Proud CT member of the GingerScrap Designers: SeaTroutScraps, LittleRadTrio, CreatedByJill, ViolaMoni, Lissykay and

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Kelly, that looks like it's for XP but I can look at see if it's revelent to my problem. I called hubs at home and had him read the error code I wrote down yesterday. He said he couldn't read my writing (shocking!) so this is a guess, but I tried looking it up and didn't get anything helpful:
    0x80000009 (or a) It's so hard not being home right now, dang! Lol. Thanks again

Dagi siggy template, Jec C Chunky Alpha, Aprilisa O'Halloween kit

Post Thanks / Like

Mhhh...okay... I saw that itīs for XP but they told it at a communitiy for Win7 - seems to work there too.

And because of the ErrorMessages: 0x80000009 would be an audio error - that cannot be right. And with 0x8000000A I get an image error... seems not to be the problem... so I will wait for you coming home, but maybe I am asleep then. Be sure, I will have my first look at this thread than;) I am sure, that we can get it

P.S: Melly, not Kelly ;)
    Last edited by kpmelly; 03-20-2014 at 07:06 PM.

Proud CT member of the GingerScrap Designers: SeaTroutScraps, LittleRadTrio, CreatedByJill, ViolaMoni, Lissykay and

Post Thanks / Like

Lol, ohhh I'm so sorry I got your name wrong, but thank you for correcting me, ugh. I looked the error code up too and got the same info you got, but one site said the 0x8000000A means there is a problem that is causing the photo error code, so it's probably all related. You are so kind to spend so much time on this with me, and you have been so helpful, I appreciate it more than you know. Especially since English is a second language to you, so that takes extra effort!! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

5. Likes kpmelly liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Okay another thing, I downloaded a zipfix for you, and uploaded it unzipped to my cloud. You can download it here

http://www.mediafire.com/view/weifj9...folder_fix.reg

Only do a doubleClick after downloading and tell windows YES when your pc ask if you wanna change something (donīt know how Win 7 ask on an english platform ;) )

7. Likes geswho40 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I downloaded and ran the above Melly, and I'm not sure that it helped I restarted my computer and tried one of my downloads and when I click on it to extract it all I get is that 0x8000000a an error is preventing the photo or video from being displayed. Something's really not right because there should be a zip file there and all I have is an icon, like a windows icon. Before I would click on it and it would ask me where I wanted to extract it to...but now I immediately get that error message. I'm too tired to do anymore tonight. Thanks again for your help Melly, you're a doll!

Post Thanks / Like

I thought I would remember how to take a screen shot, and I even looked in my help menu, but that wasn't helpful either. The zip folder icon you have up there is what I used to see after downloading and before extracting, but now all I get is a windows Icon. I'm so sorry, I am just pooped and can't think about this anymore tonight. I so appreciate your help though, thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by CathyK View Post
    Toni, if you right-click on any zip file, can you tell me what you see in the menu that comes up? Here is a screenshot of my menu when I click on this month's font challenge zip: Really, I'm looking to see if you have either the Extract All command and/or the 7-Zip command menu like I have circled below.

Interestingly, I tried the regsvr32 zipfldr.dll command on my Windows 7 machine and got the same error you did. However, I can unzip files with no problem, using both the native windows zip handling and 7-zip, so I'm not sure that it necessarily means that something is wrong.

Also, have you tried opening the actual 7-zip program from the start menu? Click Start Menu - 7-Zip - 7-Zip File Manager, then trying to unzip from there. If you're not an administrator (or don't have correct password), then the integration of 7-Zip with Windows 7 may not have been implemented correctly. But, you might still be able to unzip through the 7-Zip program itself.

Post Thanks / Like

I hate it that I cannot really help you... itīs so difficult when I am not sitting in front of the pc with the problem... But at first, here is a page (in english) how to do a screenshot with win 7

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/awesome...ots-windows-7/

And than a little summary:

You can download, and your downloads are complete but you cannot extract anything anywhere. The icons of your downloads are not a Zippy-Folder, they are a windows icon. Right? I will search...

11. Likes geswho40 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

You have helped me Melly, you are the one that figured out what the problem was. If not for that I would still be at square 1. I wish I was better at giving the proper information so you can better understand what my problem is.
    You have summed it up perfectly, you have been a huge help so thank you very much!

Post Thanks / Like

Okay, two things: the first is because of your administrator pw. Have you tried to press ENTER without any password or to use the PW you need to log in to your pc account??

The second one. When you do a right click on such a zip-folder and choose properties (last entry of the pull down), there are 4 tabs. When you klick on the 4th, like me here (donīt know the translation)

Do you have any entries here? If so, klick on one and say restore. If not we have to search more...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast