Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Default Any Techies out there?? I need some help

I was hoping that maybe I would see if there are any "techies" here at GS that might be able to help me trouble shoot my 'puter issues. I can't seem to download and extract anything, even though I have tried downloading different zip file programs. I click on the link and it seems to be downloading it, but it doesn't go into a zip file that I can extract, it just gives me the Icon when I open it. I have tried right clicking and "open with" differnt programs, but that doesn't work. I must have lost something, or accidently deleted something at some point and have even tried restoring my 'puter back to an earlier time thinking that would fix it, but it didn't. I wasn't able to go back far enough, and of course I was an idiot and didn't make a restore point for a back up! I have paid to talk with a technician over the phone to walk me through and see if she could help, but nope. Installed a new driver and that didnt' work either...I'm so frustrated at this point, I wish there was someone who has had this problem that could help me, but not many people are familiar with digital scrapping so it's hard to get anyone to understand what my exact problem is...KWIM?
    Anywho, has anyone ever had this problem, or do you have any idea what my computer is missing? Any help would be appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Any Techies out there?? I need some help

I am not a "real techi" but maybe I can help. Do you have the problem on every download or only on downloads from special places?

The first thing you could try: deactivate your antivirus programm and your firewall. Does the download work than?

Proud CT member of the GingerScrap Designers: SeaTroutScraps, LittleRadTrio, CreatedByJill, ViolaMoni, Lissykay and

3. Thanks geswho40 thanked for this post
    Likes geswho40 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

The problem seems to be when I need to extract something, but then again, I tried downloading the font for the font challenge this month and it wouldn't do that either.
    I will try to disable my anti-virus program next time and see if that works. Thank you, I appreciate your reply!

Post Thanks / Like

What programm(s) do you use to extract Toni?

Proud CT member of the GingerScrap Designers: SeaTroutScraps, LittleRadTrio, CreatedByJill, ViolaMoni, Lissykay and

Post Thanks / Like

Well quite honestly I don't remember what my computer came with originally, because I accidently replaced it with 7 Zip. I didn't mean too, but I wanted to see if I could get a faster download with a different one, but when I decided that 7 zip wasn't really working for me either, I removed it and it took my original one with it. Does that make sense? Also, I have Windows 7 if that helps anyone, I forgot to mention that.

Post Thanks / Like

Windows 7 should have it's own extractor. It's not a separate program. If you right click on the file, do you have an option to "Extract"?

You can also try ExtractNow. I've been using it at work and at home. We get some stuff at work other than zip files and this usually extracts them all (plus it can do multiple files at once).

8. Likes geswho40 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Okay, I only use 7-zip because itīs fast and small and I use it with win 7 too, that shouldnīt be te problem. Do you have the problems before you uninstall 7-zip?!?

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Stephanie, 7 did have one, but I accidently deleted it when I deleted 7 zip, so now I don't have one, and can't seem to get one to work now. I have tried right clicking too.
    Kelly, No I didn't have the problem before I installed 7 Zip, and at this point, I'm not even sure if it's the extracter that's the problem, I just don't know
    I might have to break down and bring it to someone, but I hate to have to do that, it's money that I don't have, right now, but I miss being able to play in the gallery. PLUS I have joined the new Digi County Fair challenge coming up....waaaaaaaa!
    Thank you girls, I appreciate your feedback

Post Thanks / Like

Okay, try this: klick on your win symbol, there you should find a field to search. Copy and paste there

regsvr32 zipfldr.dll

your PC should find it, press enter and tell me what happens.

Post Thanks / Like

My "Win symbol"? What do you mean?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast