Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Have you ever lost photos?

I just had to pop back & give some amazing news!! Some of the photos I thought were gone have been found! One night I was messing with my daughter's phone & uploaded a batch of photos to Box... tonight I was clearing out emails & found one from Box, so I went and checked it out... The photos of my youngest son's 13th birthday were there! Thank heavens! I'm so thrilled!!

2. Likes trina513, emscraps liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, twice. Once I lost my entire hard drive. I tried to recover the lost data with some special software, but half the images were in thumbnail size. And the second time my little guy decided to wipe out all the images on my phone!

4. Thanks craftytam thanked for this post
    emscraps is online now *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team
    *Sugar Cookie*
    *GingerScraps Praise Team

Post Thanks / Like

Yes!!! I had just started digi-scrapping and had a new EHD. I didn't know I had to actually power down the computer and not just unplug the thing...it ended up dying, pooper!!! I had all the new digi stuff, party designs (I make invites and party decorations) and photos... at least 4 months of photos!!

I was just thinking about this recently that I really need to back up everything. I even started uploading to Shutterfly again. I think I'm going to be more pro-active with Shutterfly again.

Good thing you were able to recover some of the pictures!!!

6. Thanks craftytam thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

YES! So glad you were able to recover some of your photos! I lost over 60 (I'm thinking closer to 100) LOs, and about 4 months worth of photos, including one that I won a photo contest with! luckily I had printed one 8x10 of it, so I was able to take a picture of it to have a back-up of it, but the rest that I took that day, and all the others, its awful I know have my photos in 3 different places, hoping I never go through that again!!
    I am probably neglecting housework so I can be here... My Gallery

8. Thanks craftytam thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

My friend and I did a big newborn photoshoot for my youngest, Sarah, when she was just two weeks old. My friend had just bought a really good, expensive camera so she took all the pics. Well, something went wonky with that new camera and all the pictures were lost, except for two. I feel so annoyed and sad when I think about the photos that I could have had, but in the grand scheme of things its not all that tragic. I have all the important photos from her birth and all the milestones along the way. But they would have been nice to have.

I use an EHD to keep everything... photos and scrapbook stuff, and I backup with BackBlaze, which runs continually in the background. I learned several years ago not to trust the EHD alone. I had one that got dropped and that was it. Luckily I had just transferred everything over to a new hard drive just a week before, so nothing was lost. Thankfully!
    http://forums.gingerscraps.net/signaturepics/sigpic13501_5.gif

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12