Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Default Have you ever lost photos?

My biggest fear is losing pictures! It was still the era of film cameras when my daughter started pre-school in 1994. I can still see her standing there with her little lunch pail and back pack...but the memory is all I have because hubby opened the back of the camera (REALLY??!! ) and exposed the film.

My P&S had been on the blink for some time & that same my precious "little" girl insisted that we use her iphone for photos. Great idea...except getting said photos from her proved to be impossible She just got a new iphone and in the process, somehow, all of her photos were lost. Including Christmas, my birthday in January & youngest son's birthday in February I've told the family we are going to re-create the 2 birthdays, but I'll have to scrounge to get Christmas photos from the rest of the family!

Have you ever lost photos?

missdamsel is online now *Site Manager
    *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team
    *Scrapping Survivor - Digi-County Fair - WINNER! {staff}

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Have you ever lost photos?

Yes, when the cat killed my external I lost all sorts of pictures and scrappy stuffs. It is painful, but always remember that they are just pictures and therefore just things. No one can ever take away those memories!

3. Likes scrappingirl, craftytam, dodgeladee liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I'm super anal because I have lost things. I'm not worried about losing layouts, but I'm TERRIFIED of losing pictures. I have them backed up on an HD, but I also have them auto-uploading to Flickr. When they start releasing the 300gig DVDs, I'll be backing up multiple times to them as well.

5. Thanks craftytam thanked for this post
    Likes craftytam, msbrad liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, I lost a bunch one time due to my own stupidity! I was so upset and angry....I spent a lot of that afternoon in tears. Thankfully I was able to get quite a few back, but that is one of the worst feelings when you realize they are gone!

7. Thanks craftytam thanked for this post
    msbrad is online now *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team
    *Sugar Cookie*
    *GingerScraps Praise Team
    *Winner of Scrpping Survivor- Season 4

Post Thanks / Like

yes- me too..
    accd- to DH - there is data you have and data you have not lost.......yet.

back it up! in more than one way.
    m
    Michelle

9. Thanks craftytam thanked for this post
    Likes craftytam liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I lost a couple years worth of pictures....most of my son's baby pictures, holiday pictures, birthday. We took our computer to be "fixed" by some IT guy and he gave it back missing half my pictures. He claimed they were corrupt, but I never had a problem with my pictures folder. I also lost some scrap stuff thanks to him, but I still have the computer and I hope to someday try to recover them. Hopefully they are still on the hard drive...I just don't know how to get to them. It was devastating.

My Blog Digital Layouts by 3BluEyedBabies FB

Proudly creating for Colie's Corner, 4MyBabiesScraps, & True North Scraps

11. Thanks craftytam thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by missdamsel View Post
    No one can ever take away those memories!
    I don't know, Missi, my memory seems to have a few holes now & then! ;)

13. Likes emscraps liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Yes and I cried. iPhoto crashed and it still has never been the same since Back up Back up Back up!!

And for Luv Ewe Designs and April/May Guest for Connie Prince

15. Thanks craftytam thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I have a picture crisis in 2005 when the DVD where I storaged my newborn baby went "unreadable", I had a few printed in the baby album as a consolation. And then in 2010 my EHD crashed, I have a "computer geek" friend that told me... "donīt touch it until I see it"... those were the longest 3 weeks of my life.

Lucky me I got them back... but since then Iīm paranoic about my pictures I have them in my computer, in my laptop and 2 EHD. Also I download everything ASAP (camera, phone, iPad) as mobile devices are prone to have data loss by accident.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OrianaVianey View Post
    I have a picture crisis in 2005 when the DVD where I storaged my newborn baby went "unreadable", I had a few printed in the baby album as a consolation. And then in 2010 my EHD crashed, I have a "computer geek" friend that told me... "donīt touch it until I see it"... those were the longest 3 weeks of my life.

Lucky me I got them back... but since then Iīm paranoic about my pictures I have them in my computer, in my laptop and 2 EHD. Also I download everything ASAP (camera, phone, iPad) as mobile devices are prone to have data loss by accident.
    I think the word of the day is "backup!!" I'm glad you were able to get your photos back!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast