Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heart Advice

scrappinbella is online now *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team
    *Lead Sugar Cookie*
    *GingerScraps Praise Team

Post Thanks / Like

Default Heart Advice

Some of you may know that my husband had a heart attack last Saturday...he spent several days in the cardiac critical intensive care unit...He is home now and doing ok...But, the reason I am writing this is to share with all of you something you may already know but may not have experienced first hand. Just before the fire rescue arrived, I gave my hubs one aspirin...I made him CHEW it before he passed out...please remember that! ..do not take it with liquid... CHEW IT
    I watched as the paramedics worked on him and saw his inverted t-wave on his EKG..and I knew, as a nurse, what that meant(heart attack).....but, by the time they had gotten him to the ER his ekg was mostly normal..the ER doc attributes the quick administration of the aspirin for saving his life....and preventing major heart damage.
    So my request to you is, no matter how young or how old you are, to please keep a bottle of aspirin in your purse or your car($1 generic works just the same as an expensive bottle)....it can save your life!
    February is Heart month..keep your's happy

( I don't consider myself a hero for giving him the aspirin...but I wholeheartedly believe God heard all the prayers that night......and may He Bless You All)

PS....CHEW IT.....CHEW IT .....CHEW IT!!!.

2. Thanks sladd79054, craftytam, Ricki thanked for this post
    Likes sladd79054, trina513 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Heart Advice

so happy to read that your husband is home and on the road to recovery, but sorry to read about his heart attack. We have a history of heart attacks in my family, thanks so much for the aspirin advice...I will be buying a small bottle to keep in the car and one for my office.
    Hope he continues to improve.

Proudly Creating for
    Ginger Scraps CT - Connie Prince - Luv Ewe - Little Rad Trio
    Amy Martin - Lynne-Marie - Sas Designs
    Guesting for Kaye Winiecki

4. Thanks scrappinbella thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I have heard this, and I think you ARE a hero, and I think you should get a superwoman cape and wear it around the house, lol. I'm glad he's home, and I wish him a quick recovery! Thank you for the advice. I chew a baby aspirin every day since my Dad had a stroke. I figure it can't hurt, and as long as I can take it I do (((hugs)))

6. Thanks scrappinbella thanked for this post
    msbrad is online now *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team
    *Sugar Cookie*
    *Winner of Scrpping Survivor- Season 4

Post Thanks / Like

So glad to hear Ed is recovering and you are a hero! I knew to take an aspirin in case if a suspected heart attack but did not know the " chew" part.
    Thank you. I just shared with Bill.
    hugs and prayers to both of you.
    m
    Michelle

8. Thanks scrappinbella thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Lydia you are really tuff, and yes you are a little hero of life! Great to hear, that your hubby feels better!
    Thanks for sharing this aspirin-tip, I didnīt know it but I will buy aspirin now!

Proud CT member of the GingerScrap Designers: SeaTroutScraps, LittleRadTrio, CreatedByJill, ViolaMoni, Lissykay and

10. Thanks scrappinbella thanked for this post
    Ricki is online now *Sugar Cookie*
    *Snickerdoodle*
    *GingerScraps Ad Team

Post Thanks / Like

Thank heavens your husband is a little better. Will keep you and your family in my prayers!

I just told Avram of this, thank you very much for sharing this important information with us.
    We are going to get a bottle tomorrow to be on the safe side.

AngelclaudArtroom, SeatroutScraps, GingerScrapsAdTeam & SnickerdoodleDesigns.

12. Thanks scrappinbella thanked for this post
    Likes Neverland Scraps liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry to hear about your husband's heart attack. I'm glad he is doing better. You are a hero for knowing what to do and keeping yourself calm enough to do it!
    My husband used to teach an insurance licensing class & one of his students had a heart attack in class. Someone gave that man an aspirin (I don't know if he chewed it). The paramedics said that the aspirin probably saved the man's life. So it does make a difference!

14. Thanks scrappinbella thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

oh my goodness, I didn't know that about your husband! I am so sorry he has gone through that, but am so thankful that you were quick thinking and gave him aspirin! I had no idea about chewing, honestly I know they say to take it at a certain age, but that's it!! I have to make a mental note to get out this weekend and pick up a bottle!! I hope your husband continues on the road to recovery and doesn't give you any more scares. Thank you for sharing your experience with us in hopes that it might save someone else's life!
    I can't get photobucket to work.
    You know my name
    Neverland Scraps AKA: Wendy

16. Thanks scrappinbella thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Your hubby is lucky to have you as a wife I've never heard the CHEW IT thing before, so thanks for sharing!! *hugs* to you!
    I am probably neglecting housework so I can be here... My Gallery

18. Likes scrappinbella liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Very very good advice!!

20. Thanks scrappinbella thanked for this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast