Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Default When did you get your first digital camera?

My husband bought our first digital camera in 1999 because he was starting to sell on ebay and digital images were so much easier to use. That camera was huge compared to cameras now! Bigger than an old Polaroid camera. The images were saved on a 3" floppy disc.

It was great to be able to see the photos right away. The bad thing is that the images were tiny! Most are (way) under 70kb. I don't know if it was just because he didn't know how to set it, or if that was as big as they could be. Thankfully most of the time, I had my film point and shoot when he was using his "toy!"

We didn't really use it many photos other than his ebay shots, but we did use it for my son's birth, and I (obviously) didn't have my camera with me.

My aunt, on the other hand, didn't make the switch to a digital camera until a couple of years ago.

So, when did you make the switch?
    Have you started digitizing your old photos & negatives?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: When did you get your first digital camera?

I got my first one 11 years ago. My parents bought me one a month before we found out I was pregnant

When we were doing film, we'd always get the disks. They get backed up, just like an HD when we get new ones.

3. Likes Neverland Scraps, craftytam liked this post
    msbrad is online now *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team
    *Sugar Cookie*
    *GingerScraps Praise Team
    *Winner of Scrpping Survivor- Season 4

Post Thanks / Like

Super topic Tammy.
    We purchased our first in 2002 just in time for our daughter's HS graduation. It was a little Sony and a 3mp if I recall. At that time, I didn't 'get' how to DL anything on a computer much less edit a photo, so we would take the little dodad [memory stick] to Walgreens, and they printed the photos.
    [fast forward]
    Approximately 2003 I was starting to make digital titles and the journaling on the computer and printing them on clear sticker paper for my paper scrapbook pages.
    2004- I started exploring my first version of photoshop elements and then....I started the digi DL on the computer!!!!

Oh how I wish we had digi sooner!
    m
    Michelle

5. Likes Neverland Scraps, craftytam liked this post
    littleradtrio is online now *GingerBread Lady*
    *Designer: Little Rad Trio
    *{Staff} Winner of Survivor-Season 4 *Oz*

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, this is too funny. I had my first digital camera for quite some time, but refused to use it. I just could wrap my brain around how a "digital camera" could take better photos then film. Now, I simply chuckle because I could never imagine going back to film. I love that you can instantly see the photos but also take hundreds and hundreds of photos without additional cost for developing like film.

We got our first digital camera (can't remember the brand or anything) in about Sept of 2005. I didn't really start using it until early 2006 and then I was hooked! The only reason I know the time frame as because my 3rd son was born in October of 2005.

7. Likes msbrad, craftytam liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Mhhh... it must have been in 1999, because I did the first photos of my son analog (he was born 1998) and I have no film photos of my youngest who was born in 2000.

Our first digital cam was a cheap one from a discounter and I was so happy with it. We bought a little Nikon after that, but - - - the same: I didnīt really love the results, had an SLR before it, and I missed something.
    Than on christmas 2008 my hubby surprised me with a DSLR, a Nikon D90 - and YES - I am more than happy with it - - - but the additionals for my cam are not really cheap and I would love to have special opticals and a external flash and and and ... yes: I love photography, I love it digital and I would love it to do it more than I do now ;)

Proud CT member of the GingerScrap Designers: SeaTroutScraps, LittleRadTrio, CreatedByJill, ViolaMoni, Lissykay and

9. Likes Neverland Scraps, craftytam liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by littleradtrio View Post
    Now, I simply chuckle because I could never imagine going back to film. I love that you can instantly see the photos but also take hundreds and hundreds of photos without additional cost for developing like film.
    I couldn't imagine going to film either! My daughter (21) remembers film cameras, but doesn't really remember the limitations because she was young. We've tried explaining to my boys (13 & 14) how different it was with a film camera - not knowing if you took a good photo (so you took several of the same thing!) and only having a certain amount of pictures. They can't wrap their minds around it at all

11. Likes scrappingirl, littleradtrio liked this post
    msbrad is online now *GingerBread Girl*
    *Sugar Cookie*
    *GingerScraps Praise Team
    *Winner of Scrpping Survivor- Season 4

Post Thanks / Like

For as much as I fiddle on digi settings in manual...I could not imagine film again. Although, I " knew" dark room...as did DH , my mom and my dad.
    m
    Michelle

Post Thanks / Like

I got my around 1999 or 2000. It was a sony that used the 3 inch floppy disk. I then got a better one that used the memory stick. The sticks cost around $50-$60 for a 128 mb. The cards are a lot cheaper now.

14. Likes Neverland Scraps liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Good question! Sometime around 2000 I think..I know it was before my first was born in 2002, but can't remember how long before that. My memory is going...

And for Luv Ewe Designs and April/May Guest for Connie Prince

16. Likes Neverland Scraps, craftytam liked this post
    missdamsel is offline *Site Manager
    *GingerBread Girl*
    *Scrapping Survivor - Digi-County Fair - WINNER! {staff}

Post Thanks / Like

My first digital camera was in 2000, maybe 2001 just a couple weeks before I took Rachel to her first diabetes day camp. The second day there we walked off from one station and forgot the camera and when we went back it was gone. Never saw it again. Hubby was far from impressed!!!

I do not remember when we replaced it, but it was about a year later.

And as far as digitizing, I have scanned nearly all of our pictures and my mom's pictures!! I have a box of negatives, not sure yet what I will do with those.

18. Likes Neverland Scraps, craftytam liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast