Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation A member of the GS family in need <3

Disclaimer: No one asked me to post this, I simply felt it needed to be posted to spread the word. I consider the GS ladies here to be part of my extended family and as family, we all feel the need love and care for one another.

Hey ladies,

For those of you who haven't heard, one of our lovely designers, Susan Godfrey, is in need right now.

Last night, her house caught on fire and without insurance, they are unsure of when they will be able to repair the extensive damage. Everyone got out safe, but now they must start the process of rebuilding. Here are Susan's words on the situation and photos of some of the damage:

Many of you have asked how you can help. Our immediate needs are taken care of. We have clothing and shelter. Our biggest need is for the money to repair the damage. We did not have insurance, so everything will have to be out of pocket. We have yet to see the house in daylight, but I'm pretty sure the kitchen is going to have to be totally redone. Looks like we lost the washing machine, the water heater, and possibly the stove/oven. There is a hole in the roof and ceilings in kitchen and living room had to be torn down (only part of the way). There are holes in the master bedroom wall (master bedroom is on the other side of the kitchen wall that was on fire). ElectricL wiring will need to be redone, as will some plumbing. SeverL windows will need to be replaced. Extensive smoke and water damage in the kitchen. Smoke damage throughout the house and water damage in the master bedroom. This is what we were able to see last night. There may be more damage that we will discover when we get over there today. I have no idea how to estimate the dollar amount of damage.

An online fundraiser has been set up through youcaring.com for anyone who wants to financially contribute. YouCaring does not charge any fees for fundraising and there's no goal that has to be met, so every penny will go straight to helping Susan's family out. As you all know, every dollar helps in a situation like this, so I wanted to spread the word and make sure everyone here in the GS family knows about this fundraiser in case you want to/are able to contribute.

http://www.youcaring.com/help-a-neig...on-fire/138561

Let's all keep Susan and her family in our thoughts as they rebuild and recover.

I am hijacking Tina's thread for a minute:

COMING SOON:
    Will be adding links etc soon.

Missi

Here's the purchase link:

http://store.gingerscraps.net/Susan-...-My-Store.html

Tina
    Last edited by missdamsel; 02-13-2014 at 11:42 PM.

2. Thanks SandyPie, chigirl, kpmelly, StephanieH, Ricki, msbrad thanked for this post
    msbrad is online now *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team
    *Sugar Cookie*
    *GingerScraps Praise Team
    *Winner of Scrpping Survivor- Season 4

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: A member of the GS family in need <3

I saw the posting on FB and the link. Happy you placed here as well.
    Prayers continue for Susan and her family.
    m
    Michelle

4. Thanks Ambelleina thanked for this post
    Ricki is online now *Sugar Cookie*
    *GingerScraps Praise Team
    *Snickerdoodle*
    *GingerScraps Ad Team

Post Thanks / Like

This is so so terrible.
    I just saw the Facebook post and seeing the photo's is very hard.

My prayer's are with Susan and her family.

Thank you for sharing with us Christina!

AngelclaudArtroom, SeatroutScraps, GingerScrapsAdTeam & SnickerdoodleDesigns.

6. Thanks Ambelleina thanked for this post
    Likes msbrad liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing, I didnīt see this link before and now I am happy that I or better my family and I could do a little bit from far away.

Proud CT member of the GingerScrap Designers: SeaTroutScraps, LittleRadTrio, CreatedByJill, ViolaMoni, Lissykay and

8. Thanks Ambelleina thanked for this post
    Likes msbrad liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for posting this! I will keep Susan and her family in my prayers!

10. Thanks Ambelleina thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, I had a look now - since yesterday the "give now" doubled up, wonderful.

Proud CT member of the GingerScrap Designers: SeaTroutScraps, LittleRadTrio, CreatedByJill, ViolaMoni, Lissykay and

12. Thanks Ambelleina thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

so sorry to read this, thanks for posting, I also everyone here at GS is my family. Sending prayers to Susan and family. I'll be checking out the link to you sharing.

Proudly Creating for
    Ginger Scraps CT - Connie Prince - Luv Ewe - Little Rad Trio
    Amy Martin - Lynne-Marie - Sas Designs
    Guesting for Kaye Winiecki

14. Thanks Ambelleina thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for posting! I will hop on over to that site!

16. Thanks Ambelleina thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

drillsergeant Re: A member of the GS family in need <3

ATTENTION GS LADIES!

I am hosting a giveaway on my FB fan page, Christina's Creations, to help pump up the donations to Susan's YouCaring fundraiser.

If you make a donation of at least $1 with your first name or GS forum name showing and comment on my latest post, you will be in the running for a $5 GingerScraps store gift certificate.

Yes, if you've already made a donation you can also comment and be in the running.

Go by my FB fan page to see the post; let's show Susan's family how loved she is here at GS and make a difference in their lives when they need it most.

>>> Christina's Creations <<<

Post Thanks / Like

GIVEAWAY UPDATE!

The lovely Melissa of LissyKay Designs has generously added an additional $5 credit to her shop to the winner of my giveaway. That means with any donation of at least $1, you can be in the drawing to win $10 worth of credit.

Not only would you be in the running for a great prize, but you'd be helping a family rebuild their home.

Stop by the Christina's Creations fan page for more info on this opportunity to help and how to enter the drawing; info post linked below!

>>> http://goo.gl/Tzb865 <<<

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast