Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: They Grow Up Fast!

I enjoyed reading this thread! I can honestly say that I have no regrets about not cuddling, reading, or rocking my babies enough---but boy!!they grow up too fast! I have 2 boys-11 and almost 9 and 2 girls-4 and 19 months, so I'm sorta w/ you Trina;) Somedays I'm exhausted and overwhelmed and then I feel guilty because I look at my boys and they don't need me near as much anymore and I hate that change...I take lots of pictures!!!!-so many it's overwhelming to get them all scrapped because I don't wanna leave anything out;) I do find that I take more pics of the girls as they are younger and I'm home w/ them during the day, then I do the boys right now. The pics I take of them are mostly sports or school related.

Post Thanks / Like

Just had my oldest start Middle School this year, so I know what you mean. I look back now on the young years and think how many days there were that I "wished" they older so they could just "insert life skill here"

And my youngest is 9, the age my oldest was when we moved to Okinawa, how did 3 1/2 years pass this quickly!?! he was only a first grader when we got here, geesh!

And for Luv Ewe Designs and April/May Guest for Connie Prince

3. Likes craftytam liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I have 3.. my son, Kyle, is 18 and a freshman in college about 2 1/2 hrs from home. I really miss him being around!! My daughters are both teenagers as well, Noelle (Ellie) is 15 and Allison is 13. I will be brutally honest... I enjoy my kids so much more as teenagers than I did when they were little. I loved the baby stage... but I'm just not patient enough for kids ages 2-10 lol! Maybe part if that was because I had my kids when I was quite young... and I hadn't grown up enough myself yet

Designing as Keystone Scraps {store} {blog} {facebook} {gallery}

5. Likes craftytam, emscraps liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Paula, I feel the same. I loved babies (which is why I had so many) and despite the challenges with teens, they are such interesting people! I find the elementary school ages "easy" but boring .

7. Likes craftytam, emscraps liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I definitely think I'm a better mom now than I was when my kids were little. I've matured a lot. I think a lot of my nostalgia is feeling like I missed it...I was in a job that required me to work a lot of hours & really caused a lot of emotional stress when they were young. Then I went through a healing period after I quit that job. I feel like by the time I "woke up," they were grown.

So, now I'm looking forward to being an amazing Grandma & spoiling some Grandbabies (in time!!).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zenjen View Post
    Just had my oldest start Middle School this year, so I know what you mean. I look back now on the young years and think how many days there were that I "wished" they older so they could just "insert life skill here"

And my youngest is 9, the age my oldest was when we moved to Okinawa, how did 3 1/2 years pass this quickly!?! he was only a first grader when we got here, geesh!
    It sounds like a great adventure for your kids, Jen, being able to live in another country when they are young. How have they adapted?

Post Thanks / Like

It was so nice reading everyone's posts! I'm a stay-at-home mom of 3 (all blue-eyed ;) ). My daughter, Avery, is going to be 10 (GASP!) in March, my son Collin is 6, and my youngest, Austin is 3. He is my little heart baby, born with a congenital heart defect, but you would never know it! I've been home with him since he was born. He is definitely a handful and keeps me on my toes; but he is also hilarous! ANd we are STILL potty training...I love being able to be home with him, but I'll be glad to get out of the house and talk to adults during the day in a few years! Both Collin and Avery are really into baseball/softball and that should be starting soon which will mean less scrap time for me.

I take LOTS of pictures and scrap as much as I can. My kids love seeing themselves on Mommy's pages! My daughter sometimes will help with choosing what pictures to scrap with what kits-she'll probably be a digiscapper too!

My Blog Digital Layouts by 3BluEyedBabies FB

Proudly creating for Colie's Corner

11. Likes craftytam liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

My oldest is turning 10 this summer. He is in the "I'm too old and too cool for kid stuff, I have a really bad attitude and think I know everything, I'm too big to have you walk me to the bus or kiss me in front of my friends and don't walk into the room when I'm taking a shower" stage.

My youngest will be 7 in two weeks...and he is still luckily a big snuggly bear mama's boy!

13. Likes craftytam liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I have 2 - my son is 26 (27 in a few months!) and he is married with 2 young children of his own Then I have a 13 year-old daughter (yes, they're 13 years part!) She'll be 14 before long and is in 8th grade this year, which is going by fast. They are both very confident, independent souls, for which I am very grateful. I never really ever felt "sad" about them growing up... maybe I'm missing the sentimental gene - LOL, but they're supposed to grow up and I've thoroughly enjoyed the whole journey. My daughter just made her final decision on which high school to attend next year (she had a choice of about 10 schools). She's decided on the largest one (about 1600 total students, which is huge for this area) and she is so excited and can't wait to get there).

I have tons of photos of my daughter and not so many of my son. He was long before the digital age and it just wasn't as easy to take/print photos. I do have some but they'll all need to be scanned and edited before I can scrap them, which is something I want to tackle "some day."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by amystoffel View Post
    My oldest is turning 10 this summer. He is in the "I'm too old and too cool for kid stuff, I have a really bad attitude and think I know everything, I'm too big to have you walk me to the bus or kiss me in front of my friends and don't walk into the room when I'm taking a shower" stage.
    I'm so thankful that my boys will still hug me in public, but they are definitely in the "Don't walk in the room, I'm changing" stage! It's so funny...if my daughter is even near the door they panic! And she says, "I used to change your diapers!!"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast