Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    craftytam is online now *Staff* Survivor *Digi-County Fair*
    Am I the Ultimate Scrapping Survivor?
    *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: They Grow Up Fast!

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa View Post
    My one and only turns 18 on the 17th and it's got me feeling very nostalgic, and he'll be going off to college next year - oh my!!!

I sure wish I had a digital camera since he was born, I regret having too few photos!!!
    I really wish digital cameras had been around when my daughter was young! I have so many pre-digital photos & negatives that need to be scanned. I have paper scrapped through 2002, but everything after that I want to do digital.

2. Likes Lisa liked this post
    msbrad is online now *Staff* Survivor *Digi-County Fair*
    *GingerBread Girl*
    *Sugar Cookie*
    *GingerScraps Praise Team
    *Winner of Scrpping Survivor- Season 4

Post Thanks / Like

Your thread brings a tear to my eye. Not in a bad way but in a " I know I am really seeing life " way.

I am 61, and deal daily with : the young and the restless . On my plate is my dad turning 90 and caring for younger grandson at 18 mo. There are family members at all ages inbetween. ......

I must say ive enjoyed watching all grow . Enjoy every step and photo all moments you can.
    m
    Michelle

StephanieH is online now Survivor *Digi-County Fair*
    *Snickerdoodle*
    *GingerScraps Ad Team

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, they do grow up so fast. My baby girl is 20 and a member here (Danni). A Junior in college 3.5 hours away from us.

And my baby.... a senior in high school. How did THAT happen?

I took many pictures of them younger, and not as much as they got to be teenagers. Matthew does not like to have any pictures taken - as evidenced by his senior photos in which he did not smile in any of them.

But, this is who he is. Not an unhappy young man - just not a smiler.

5. Likes craftytam liked this post
    kpmelly is offline *Staff* Survivor *Digi-County Fair*
    *GingerBread Girl*

Post Thanks / Like

hooo, he looks really angry about the photographer... but I know your problem, my son Michael is in the same stage of life: he did photos with his friends and his handy, but if I take my "big cam" he hides *grrrrrr* - - - but from time to time I got it and catch him, sometimes really smiling ;)

Proud CT member of the GingerScrap Designers: SeaTroutScraps, LittleRadTrio, CreatedByJill, SusanGodfrey, Lissykay and *yeah*

7. Likes craftytam liked this post
    geswho40 is online now Survivor *Digi-County Fair*
    *Sugar Cookie*

Post Thanks / Like

I am an Empty Nester now for 12 years, going on forever it seems. Daughter Claire and Hubby Jason have given us 3 Grandchildren, Paxton (3), Lennox (2 on Feb 28th), and lil Zoe born just 2 weeks ago, and first Grand daughter. I so wish there would have been digital cameras when my children were little, and although I did take a lot of photos, I know I would have taken more if it would have been as easy as pulling out the phone and getting that shot on a whim. Photos are such a blessing to have, and I usually pull out the photo albums a couple of times a year to make that walk down memory lane. I just wish Hubby enjoyed it more, cuz I think it would be more fun. After the kids were gone, I took up animal rescue, they needed me, and it was a surprise to find out how much I needed them

Made using Owl Be Home by Simple Girl Scraps

9. Likes trina513, craftytam liked this post
    trina513 is offline *Staff* Survivor *Digi-County Fair*
    *Lead GingerBread Girl*

Post Thanks / Like

Ahhh! Babies grow up all too quickly!! And this is why I spend all my "extra" time scrapbooking! I hope they'll cherish these pages as much as I will!

I'm in the pulling my hair out stage! Even though I know it goes by quickly (my older 2 are 8 & 6 and it seems like they grew up in a blink of an eye!) my younger two are 3 & 1 and some days are so hard I feel like they'll never grow up. Its hard to cherish every moment even when I know I should!! thanks for the reminder!!
    I am probably neglecting housework so I can be here... My Gallery

msbrad is online now *Staff* Survivor *Digi-County Fair*
    *GingerBread Girl*
    *Sugar Cookie*
    *Winner of Scrpping Survivor- Season 4

Post Thanks / Like

Toni- I totally agree about wishing for digital cameras earlier!
    m
    Michelle

12. Likes geswho40, craftytam liked this post
    geswho40 is online now Survivor *Digi-County Fair*
    *Sugar Cookie*

Post Thanks / Like

Not to mention, you get them developed only to find out the shot you couldn't wait to see is too dark, or blurry, or..., then that shot is lost forever. Film was expensive to buy and could be expensive to process depending on how many pictures, what size you wanted and if you wanted duplicates, so you didn't want to waste the film. You would still have to take more than one of any given shot, because someone most certainly will have their eyes closed, or looking away from the camera, or... As Winnie the Poo would say..."What a bother"

Made using Owl Be Home by Simple Girl Scraps

14. Likes craftytam liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

My boy is only one and a half but already he's grown so much and made so much progress. I love watching him learn new things daily. He's teething at the moment, leading to some crankiness and early mornings and buckets of drool coming out of his mouth, but that is totally compensated by his greatest pleasure of the moment: sitting down on the couch and inviting us to come sit with him one by one. Sort of goes like "mama, sit!" Then "papa, sit!" Then "meow (=cat), sit!" Followed by the biggest blissful smile ever. Ooh, I want to go scrap that one right now, time to get some photos of him sitting and grinning.

Whenever he comes to cuddle up (he's like a teddy bear) or demands to be plunked down in our bed at 5 am in the morning, I really savour the moment, knowing he won't be asking for hugs anymore when he gets older.

16. Likes SweetLittleNothingness, trina513 liked this post
    craftytam is online now *Staff* Survivor *Digi-County Fair*
    *GingerBread Girl*

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lynnw View Post
    I really savour the moment, knowing he won't be asking for hugs anymore when he gets older.
    Lynn, I was going through my boxes of pre-digi (not yet scrapped) photos and found a quote from my son when he was about 3. I was hugging him and he told me he was done. I said, "noooooooo" and he replied, "Let Connor do it" (Connor is his younger brother). This boy is 14 now and is more cuddly now than he was when he was little So, there is hope!

18. Likes SweetLittleNothingness, trina513 liked this post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast