Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Default They Grow Up Fast!

My "baby" turned 13 today. My oldest will be 21 in two weeks. The middle is 14.
    Where did the time go? Honestly, there are times when I look at them and expect to see a toddler following me around....not some (almost) adult who is as tall or taller than me!

I know this is said often, but if you have little ones, please don't wish that time away. It's so precious. I'm so thankful that I have taken lots of photos over the years. Truthfully, I wish I had taken MORE. Even of the "bad" times when they were crying or in a bad mood or hiding from the camera. That's real life and it is so priceless.

So, what phase of life are you in? Are you a mom of toddlers and pulling your hair out over the challenges of teaching little ones how to do things? Have all of your kids started school and you're enjoying a little bit of down time? Are they teenagers and you're wishing they would "just get over it?!" Or are you an empty-nester? What are your joys/challenges in this stage?

And, are you taking enough photos?!

2. Likes trina513, klgossia, emscraps liked this post
    emscraps is online now *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team
    *Sugar Cookie*
    *GingerScraps Praise Team

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: They Grow Up Fast!

I hear ya!! I was going though lots of emotions last year when my oldest graduated 8th grade....then again during his first days of school. He was with the same group 30ish kids for 9 years, suddenly going to a school with over 300 freshmen. He didn't know anyone really at this new school and all his close friends went to a different high school. It made me sad that he was so nervous and scared for a couple weeks. All is good now though, yay!! I love that he still hugs and kisses me, even in front of his friends!

My middle, aka.. "the girl" is 10---she just mentioned to me she is a decade old! LOL. Need to scrap that! I love that she still wants me to walk her to the assembly area and wait until they walk to the rooms just so I can give her flying kisses as she goes.

My baby..wahhh... he's 7. Today is his First Reconciliation. The next step toward First Communion! He's my baby, I get unlimited hugs and kisses from him! LOVE it!!

4. Likes trina513, craftytam, klgossia liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Oh my gosh - I have this same exact feeling about a dozen times a week. I look at my 6'+ son and think I remember just yesterday *sniffle*. I wish we could do it all over a 1000 times, but even that would never be enough for me! I think that's just part of being mom!

Group hug!!

6. Likes craftytam, kpmelly, klgossia, emscraps liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a mommy of the 2 most precious little angels. My daughter is 3 and seems to be going on 16. She's already acting like a teenager. She hates waking up in the morning and asks me for 'just a few more minutes' in bed. My son is 2 and is already a little ladies man. He has all the ladies at daycare in love with him, it's so funny, they say he can do no wrong. However if he does get in trouble he just bats his 'baby blues' and the ladies melt and forget the trouble he caused.

I looked back at some 'baby' pics of them the other day and it nearly made me cry. They are getting so big already. I miss holding my little babies.

I am not looking forward to them getting older.

I take pictures of my kids as often as I can, but probably not as many as I should.

8. Likes craftytam, emscraps liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I agree, it just goes so fast! I had two "litters" . My oldest three are 22, 21, and 19. My younger two just turned 10 and 8. I had the privilege of doing the baby/toddler thing twice. It was so hard and overwhelming, I thought it would never end and now i wonder if that was truly the best time of life, even though I couldn't appreciate it at the time. Looking back though, it's easier to "appreciate" sleepless nights when you get your full 8 hours almost every night now. :P

10. Likes craftytam, emscraps liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Iīm a (young) mommy of three kids, and I am a proud mom.

My oldest daughter Nathalie is 19 years old, and already moved into an own flat because of her apprenticeship - we let her go with a crying and a laughing eye: there is an empty room - not only her room...sometimes I noticed that I have layed the table for 5 instead of 4. Or that I clean up the bath and think where is the 5th tooth brush.
    But we talk daily (by tel or whatsapp), and we see her often. She will always be my first little baby

My son is nearly 16, and very confident - sometimes a little bit too much, you could mean he is a little bit arrogant. Okay I am his mommy, but he looks good, the girls love him and he can be very charming.
    But - yes I am his MOM - he can be very exhausting, especially when he gets angry because of the little things - and this is very often in these time.
    AND thatīs often a reason, why he gets in conflict with my youngest darling, Lara. She is 13 and in the typical age of puberty: iffy and often not happy with herself. She has my predisposition the get more pound like it would be good for her, another point what makes her unhappy, especially when my beautiful son makes snide remarks.

Typical sibbling... I never wanna miss any moments with them, but in the moments when they struggle about bits and bots, I could nail them onto the wall

AND I love to photograph them, and yes I do it too, when they DONT want it... they hate me for that, but maybe they will love it when they are really grown up.

Proud CT member of the GingerScrap Designers: SeaTroutScraps, LittleRadTrio, CreatedByJill, ViolaMoni, Lissykay and

12. Likes craftytam, emscraps liked this post
    emscraps is online now *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team
    *Sugar Cookie*
    *GingerScraps Praise Team

Post Thanks / Like

Melly, your 16 and 13 year old sound like my 14 and 10 year old!

14. Likes kpmelly liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Think we are strong enough to walk straight through this time, right EM?!?

Proud CT member of the GingerScrap Designers: SeaTroutScraps, LittleRadTrio, CreatedByJill, ViolaMoni, Lissykay and

16. Likes craftytam, emscraps liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I love reading about all of your children! It sounds like we all experience the same things.

Post Thanks / Like

My one and only turns 18 on the 17th and it's got me feeling very nostalgic, and he'll be going off to college next year - oh my!!!

I sure wish I had a digital camera since he was born, I regret having too few photos!!!

19. Likes craftytam, emscraps liked this post
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast