Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Write about it, blah, blah...lol...

Quote Originally Posted by emscraps View Post
    My journaling is really simple. I pretend someone is asking about the picture and I just describe it to them as if they are sitting right in front of me.
    I like that philosophy, Em! What a great, easy way to get the information on the page. I overstress myself because I think I need to write a novel. But, as long as the important info is there, then it's good! Thank you...that's very freeing!

2. Likes emscraps, gethane liked this post
    msbrad is online now *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team
    *Sugar Cookie*
    *GingerScraps Praise Team
    *Winner of Scrpping Survivor- Season 4

Post Thanks / Like

I too try to include information about the photo, era etc. Maybe not every page as a lot of mine are continuing in an album.
    m
    Michelle

4. Likes emscraps liked this post
    emscraps is online now *GingerBread Girl*
    *Sugar Cookie*

Post Thanks / Like

What font do you use to journal?
    I'm trying to find clean fonts that are easy to read. But not too big just in case I have lots of stuff to say, LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by msbrad View Post
    I too try to include information about the photo, era etc. Maybe not every page as a lot of mine are continuing in an album.
    m

Post Thanks / Like

I use several - I usually just play around with it after I've done my typing to see what I like. I've found I really like these 2 if I'm writing (typing) a lot: CK jot and CK Ali's hand (sorry, there was no image). http://www.creatingkeepsakes.com/articles/CK_free_fonts

7. Likes emscraps liked this post
    *Sugar Cookie*

Post Thanks / Like

Those are great, Tammy!! I just downloaded both of them...now I have quite a variety to use, LOL!
    Thank you!!

Quote Originally Posted by craftytam View Post
    I use several - I usually just play around with it after I've done my typing to see what I like. I've found I really like these 2 if I'm writing (typing) a lot: CK jot and CK Ali's hand (sorry, there was no image). http://www.creatingkeepsakes.com/articles/CK_free_fonts

9. Likes craftytam liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Em, I just wanted to know that this thread inspired a layout I'll be posting on Friday! I can't wait for you to see it (it will be in the CT thread hopefully later today).

11. Thanks emscraps thanked for this post
    Likes scrappingirl, emscraps liked this post
    *Sugar Cookie*

Post Thanks / Like

Yay!! I can't wait to see it!!

Post Thanks / Like

Oh goodness, journaling is one of my favourite parts of this whole thing! Probably because I'm so talkative in real life as well, haha! I have been experimenting with journal-free pages, but the scraps I have printed are all covered in journaling. I've taken on the assignment of doing my nieces' baby photo albums since my sister is a talented woman but those talents do not extend to the keeping of memories and all the recordings she has of her daughters is a hard drive full of pictures. In these albums, I'll probably be keeping the journal very matter-of-fact and focus on the pictures, mainly, since I know that the whole talkative thing is not their style

One of my favourite fonts for journaling is one we used in a previous font challenge, Are you freakin serious. I also like Burst my Bubble and Fun in the Jungle if I need a chunkier look.

14. Likes emscraps, SweetLittleNothingness liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

This is the layout I did that was inspired by this thread. I am scanning my grandparents' old photos (in albums and not) for my Grandpa's upcoming 100th birthday. Some of the photos have little quips or even a person's name under them, but there are no dates and not all of them and definitely no "stories".

16. Likes emscraps, SweetLittleNothingness liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

That is so neat, Tammy! A few years back I found an article w/ lots of questions to "interview" your parents/grandparents, etc. and I sat w/ my laptop and asked quite a few of my family and my husband's and it was fascinating!! I don't have pictures to go w/ it though so I never did anything more than that--I need to get back on that!
    I love journaling, but lately I'm feeling like mine is all the same--all about how much I love my family and how blessed I am (which of course is true!), but blah, blah, blah!---so I'm looking for some variation!

18. Likes emscraps liked this post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast