Post Thanks / Like

Default Layout Upload Allowance

I uploaded 3 layouts I created for 2 GS designers. I went to upload another layout I created for a GS designer and received this message -- You have exceeded your upload limit of 12 images per day.WHAT???

Sorry Ginger. I just read your explanation as to why we get this message. I was hoping that wasn't the case when I posted this as I'm a CTM for several GS designers. I'll try again tomorrow.
    Proudly creating for LissyKay Designs, CathyK Designs, Created by Jill Scraps, Cajun Diva Scraps
    and Dagi's Temp-tations

missdamsel is online now *Site Manager
    *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team
    *Scrapping Survivor - Digi-County Fair - WINNER! {staff}

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Layout Upload Allowance

I am not sure why the pop up says 12, the limit is actually 8. Keep in mind that this is not something that can be changed person to person and we have to keep the upload limits at a manageable limit (Most forums have a limit of 5 each 24 hours). Unfortunately, each album you "copy" your image to counts as an upload. If you upload 3 and copy each to an extra gallery or two that would be why you hit your limit so quickly.

Post Thanks / Like

Most sites count each layout as one regardless of how many you post it too. I can have it with the designer and challenge and my layouts and it generally on most sites I have been to only counts as one. Also most sites if the challenge is discontinued your layout is also so it generally needs to go to your photos first and then it doesn't allow much for designers and challenges.

Post Thanks / Like

In the top post of this thread there is a little explanation about the categories/limits.
    http://forums.gingerscraps.net/showthread.php?t=2862

The reason it is showing a limit of 12 right now, and not 8 (which is the setting we usually use), is because I had a few customer service emails that asked me to allow a few more uploads for the end of the month. Just to get challenge LOs up in time.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the additional clarification Ginger and Missi.
    Proudly creating for LissyKay Designs, CathyK Designs, Created by Jill Scraps, Cajun Diva Scraps
    and Dagi's Temp-tations

Post Thanks / Like

Good to know. So perhaps the best way to do it if you are on a CT, and have a few LO's to upload, is to just post to either your gallery, or to the designers gallery (not both) so it doesn't count towards more than 1 LO? Is that right?