Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Default February's book-The Promise of Stardust by Priscille Sibley

It's time for another book! This month we will be reading and discussing The Promise of Stardust by Priscille Sibley. I read this book a few months ago and loved it! It is a book that I could not put down. It is very emotional and well written. Here's a description of the book:

Matt Beaulieu was two years old the first time he held Elle McClure in his arms, seventeen when he first kissed her under a sky filled with shooting stars, and thirty-three when he convinced her to marry him. Now in their late 30s, the deeply devoted couple has everything—except the baby they’ve always wanted.
    When an accident leaves Elle brain dead, Matt is devastated. Though he cannot bear the thought of life without her, he knows Elle was afraid of only one thing—a slow death. And so, Matt resolves to take her off life support.
    But Matt changes his mind when they discover Elle’s pregnant. While there are no certainties, the baby might survive if Elle remains on life support. Matt’s mother, Linney, disagrees with his decision. She loves Elle, too, and insists that Elle would never want to be kept alive on machines. Linney is prepared to fight her son in court—armed with Elle’s living will.
    Divided by the love they share, Matt and Linney will be pitted against each other, fighting for what they believe is right, and what they think Elle would have wanted resulting in a controversial legal battle that will ultimately go beyond one family . . . and one single life.

We will be having a discussion in a thread that I will start mid month. I hope you enjoy this book as much as I did!

2. Thanks scrapjrlgcp thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: February's book-The Promise of Stardust by Priscille Sibley

This sounds like a good one!
    http://forums.gingerscraps.net/signaturepics/sigpic13501_5.gif

4. Likes scrapjrlgcp liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Started it last night, and am over halfway through it already. Can't wait to discuss it with you all!

6. Likes scrapjrlgcp liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Requesting from library.

8. Likes scrapjrlgcp liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a good one! I have it on hold at my library!!

10. Likes scrapjrlgcp liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds very good...I will be joining in again this month

♥ creating for Gingerscraps Site CT ♥

12. Likes BlueHeartScraps liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome! I just picked this up and will start it as soon as I finish the book I'm reading now.

I'm currently reading The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt. I'm really enjoining it!

Thank you lovely hosts! I'm excited to read a new book, and again, it is one I have never heard of! Love getting introduced to new books and authors!

Post Thanks / Like

I want to read The Goldfinch too, but it is so dang long it intimidates me

Post Thanks / Like

Oh wow, The Goldfinch IS long, isn't it? LOL! Not sure I could push myself through a book that long unless it was really, really good - so you'll have to let us know your thoughts after you get done with it, and let us know if it's worth picking up (since I don't have the concentration skills needed to listen to a book)

I'm reading Labor Day (the movie, with Kate Winslet and Josh Brolin just hit theaters), and it's very interesting. A love story, but told through the eyes of the woman's 13 year old boy, and I'm enjoying it.

16. Likes scrapjrlgcp liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I just read labor day I thought it was good....cute little love story kinda unbelievable, but I guess it could happen....not sure what eomen in her right mind who take in a prison escapee I am now reading Gone Girl another book that is soon being released as a movie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast