Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    emscraps is online now *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team
    *Sugar Cookie*
    *GingerScraps Praise Team

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Do you ever scrap first and add photos later?

Rarely, I need the picture for inspiration. BUT, I have at times, especially for template challenges or such

2. Likes zenjen liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I can't place photos....if I place photos or know what photos I am scrapping, I get blocked. Almost 95% of the time, if I'd placed my photos, I never finish that layout. I scrap my layout and then go looking for the photos that I "had in mind" when I started scrapping. Yeah, I know I'm weird, but this is how my brain works--crazy
    I can't get photobucket to work.
    You know my name
    Neverland Scraps AKA: Wendy

4. Likes zenjen liked this post
    littleradtrio is offline *GingerBread Lady*
    *Designer: Little Rad Trio
    *{Staff} Winner of Survivor-Season 4 *Oz*

Post Thanks / Like

I'm like Melly, it's probably a 50/50. There are many times I create a whole layout with no idea of the photo(s) I'll use. But generally I have a photo in mind but may pop it in after I'm all done and hunt for it.

6. Likes zenjen liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

That is a great idea!! I may have to try that...if I ever get organized enough to do it, that is!!

Quote Originally Posted by trina513 View Post
    Yeah, I guess most often I know the photos I'm going to use, I pick a template and start doing the fun "decorating" part first. Then I got and weed photos and plop them in, so its sort of like scrapping w/o photos! ;)

But I'm changing up the way I scrap, I'm sorting through an entire month's worth of photos and weeding out photos and grouping them by the event or type of page I'm scrapping. Then I can label the folder (which is already in a folder called Feb 2012) "Valentines_4) then I know I need to make a valentine's type LO with 4 photos on it.

8. Likes trina513 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

LOL! Yeah I loathe sorting, weeding, etc, so when I finish a month (yes I scrap in order and rarely out of order, must be part of my OCD brain! LOL). So it seems like I hit a wall when I switch to the next month, but for a few months of scrapping now I'll weed & sort all at once, then it seems like I fly through the pages! I try to get all the weeding for that month done in a day or 2 so I don't spend too much time at it, then I roll!
    I am probably neglecting housework so I can be here... My Gallery

10. Likes scrappingirl liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I aspire to your organizeyness!

Quote Originally Posted by trina513 View Post
    Yeah, I guess most often I know the photos I'm going to use, I pick a template and start doing the fun "decorating" part first. Then I got and weed photos and plop them in, so its sort of like scrapping w/o photos! ;)

But I'm changing up the way I scrap, I'm sorting through an entire month's worth of photos and weeding out photos and grouping them by the event or type of page I'm scrapping. Then I can label the folder (which is already in a folder called Feb 2012) "Valentines_4) then I know I need to make a valentine's type LO with 4 photos on it.

And for Luv Ewe Designs and April/May Guest for Connie Prince

12. Likes Neverland Scraps liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I've done the whole scrap first, take photos later thing a couple of times, its a little more dificult, but if I know there is something I'll be going to and just have the urge to scrap before it happens I'll do it.

14. Likes zenjen liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Very rarely! I normally need to know what photo(s) is/are going to be on the page before my brain is able to start constructing the layout.

16. Likes zenjen liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12