Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Attachments - January's Book Discussion

Oh, I agree with you Jessica. I was a bit let down by the way the writer wrapped the story up. I understand that the book was more about the process of them falling in love - and I'm glad we got the portion at the end about them dining with Lincoln's family and the call out during their drive about Beth's family loving Lincoln...but I really do wish we could have gotten a little bit more about their relationship and where they wound up.

2. Likes scrapjrlgcp liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Point #4
    All healthy relationships go through stages. Our relationships change and grow just as the people involved grow and change as they get older. But Chris and Beth's relationship seems to be stagnant. They're not unkind to each other, but there's not much tenderness and thoughtfulness either. But then, Beth was so focused on the fact that Chris "chose" her, that he doesn't have to do much else. She doesn't make much demands on him, because she didn't at first. So when she wants more from him, it's hard for her to vocalize or ask for more commitment from him.
    In the beginning, Beth was attracted to the aloofness of Chris. The relationship only started when he initiated contact between them. She lets him "drive" the relationship and she just seems along for the ride. At least, until she wants more from her significant other.
    But she realizes the life they share together is less satisfying to her as time goes by. And at her sister's wedding, when Chris finally tells her that he will never marry her, she realizes what she does want from the man in her life. And Chris isn't willing and probably was never willing to give that to her. The AHA! Light Bulb moment for her. Knowing that Lincoln is waiting in the wings, helped me, the reader, to root for the break-up between them.

4. Likes BlueHeartScraps liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

are we going to have a february book?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scrapjrlgcp View Post
    are we going to have a february book?
    Yes. It will be announced at the beginning of February.

7. Thanks scrapjrlgcp thanked for this post
    Likes scrapjrlgcp liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Finally a book I could not put down. Twice I found myself waking up in the middle of the night to read read read. Gave it 5 stars. This is the first of Rainbow Rowells books. Plan to read her other books.

9. Likes BlueHeartScraps liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I read her book Eleanor and Park first, and it was adorable. I have several more of her books on my To Read list! ;)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12