Post Thanks / Like

Default "Tagging" scrapping supplies with Picasa

I've seen people talking about "tagging" their supplies but I thought it was a Lightroom thing and since I didn't have it, I didn't worry about it. I discovered the Digi Show over the holidays and found out you can also do it in Picasa. So... commiserate with me as I go back through thousands of folders to tag items.

For anybody else using Picasa to tag, do you know if there's a way to bring up folders with no tags? I mean, there is no way this is a straight through project. I'll be opening and closing Picasa over weeks and months to catch up on tagging. But I don't want to keep seeing folders I've already applied at least one tag to something within.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: "Tagging" scrapping supplies with Picasa

Can't give any Picasa advice, but i can commiserate with you…been trying to get this done for years, i am not very far LOL

And for Luv Ewe Designs and April/May Guest for Connie Prince

3. Likes gethane liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I have no idea and I use Picasa! LOL - However, I don't tag things individually much as I've found that the designer's description of the item is pretty much all I need. For example if I type "button" it will bring up tons of them; same for flower, foliage/leaf, ribbon, frame, alpha, etc.

I do manually tag kit previews by category: Christmas, Sports, Summer, etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mariewilcox View Post
    I have no idea and I use Picasa! LOL - However, I don't tag things individually much as I've found that the designer's description of the item is pretty much all I need. For example if I type "button" it will bring up tons of them; same for flower, foliage/leaf, ribbon, frame, alpha, etc.

I do manually tag kit previews by category: Christmas, Sports, Summer, etc.
    Yeah, at this point I'm not tagging elements but instead name and stores, so if I want to do a kit here, for example, I can pull up all my GS products. And I love your idea of tagging just the previews with the topic tags you listed!