Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Default January's Book - Attachments by Rainbow Rowell

So, I'm totally breaking my own self-imposed Book Club rule this month. I've tried each month to keep the books I choose on the lower end of the cost line, to make it easier for those who need to (or choose to) purchase the books. However, I spent a ton of time this weekend reading through books, and loading books to read to my Goodreads list in preparation of the 2014 Reading Challenge (I set my goal to 100 books, knowing I may very well never make it...but I set it at 50 last year, and when I knew I was getting close, I slowed down. Hoping setting it high this year will encourage me to keep pushing, and keep reading!). I ran across this month's book in my search and fell in love with the description! I mean, come on! When a book's description starts our with the line:

"Hi, I'm the guy who reads your e-mail, and also, I love you . . . "

what is there NOT to fall in love with!? So, this month we'll be reading and discussing the book Attachments by Rainbow Rowell. I'm including the full description, as well as the Amazon and Barnes and Noble links, in case your local library doesn't have a copy you can borrow.

However, I also picked up the epub version of the book for myself, and I'm more than willing to share it with anyone who can use it. Just send me a message with your email address, and I'll email you a copy. I know there's probably a way to convert my epub file to other versions, so that those with an ereader other than a Nook can read it...but I'm not familiar with that, I'm sorry!

I hope the book will be as enjoyable as I'm imagining it will be, and I hope to have several of you reading along with me! The discussion thread will be started on January 15th, so let's get to reading!!!

Attachments

by Rainbow Rowell

"Hi, I'm the guy who reads your e-mail, and also, I love you . . . "

Beth Fremont and Jennifer Scribner-Snyder know that somebody is monitoring their work e-mail. (Everybody in the newsroom knows. It's company policy.) But they can't quite bring themselves to take it seriously. They go on sending each other endless and endlessly hilarious e-mails, discussing every aspect of their personal lives.

Meanwhile, Lincoln O'Neill can't believe this is his job now- reading other people's e-mail. When he applied to be "internet security officer," he pictured himself building firewalls and crushing hackers- not writing up a report every time a sports reporter forwards a dirty joke.

When Lincoln comes across Beth's and Jennifer's messages, he knows he should turn them in. But he can't help being entertained-and captivated-by their stories.

By the time Lincoln realizes he's falling for Beth, it's way too late to introduce himself.

What would he say . . . ?

Purchase the book through Amazon

Purchase the book through Barnes and Noble

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: January's Book - Attachments by Rainbow Rowell

wow 100 books is a lot! I only read 19 books last year. I'm now reading Divergent by Veronica Roth (almost finished). I have 2 other books out from library. Just requested your book hopefully will get it next week. My goal is only 14 books (at least one a month) but I"m sure I will read more but 100 is way too much for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Yay!! So ready to get back to reading this month with you ladies!! This book sounds like it will be fun

4. Likes BlueHeartScraps liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

My book goal this year is 30 sounds sad compared to your 100!!

Post Thanks / Like

Haha - when I told my husband I was setting my goal at 100, he told me I was crazy! It means I've had to read a book every 3.5 days or so. I'm hoping to really pour through a few books this month, as my last semester of school gets started. Maybe if I get a good start, the momentum will keep me going.

Either way, the worst that happens is I fall short of my goal. As long as I'm reading, I'm still winning! ;)

7. Likes Ponytails, scrapjrlgcp liked this post
    missdamsel is online now *Site Manager
    *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team
    *Scrapping Survivor - Digi-County Fair - WINNER! {staff}

Post Thanks / Like

I have requested from the library!!

9. Likes BlueHeartScraps liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Yay! My library has this so I will have to go get it before someone else grabs it!

11. Likes BlueHeartScraps liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Got it and just started it

Post Thanks / Like

Exciting! I hope you like it. I read another book by her yesterday (Eleanor & Park) and adored it. Can't wait to read this one!

14. Likes scrapjrlgcp liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I cant keep track of my books too lazy to track but probably read 30-40 until I got my kindle now I just read forums n blogs on my wifi ruins my reading

CT for Wendy Tunison Designs, Memories by Digital Design, Scrappin' Serenity, Leaving a Legacy, Ponytails Designs & Queen Wild Scraps

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast