Thread: One Little Word

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: One Little Word

Well, I decided on my one little word... it's "FORWARD."
    I did a layout that I'll post on Thursday

2. Likes msbrad liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

A challenge based on this would be great. After reading this thread and thinking about it over the last few days, I'm still torn between serenity and acceptance.

Post Thanks / Like

I wasn't going to do this, but as I sit here thinking about the New Year dawning upon us, the word "Organize" popped into my head. So many things I want to accomplish in 2014 and they will all be more easy to obtain if I just take some to organize a few basic things in my life.

5. Likes dodgeladee, craftytam liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gethane View Post
    A challenge based on this would be great. After reading this thread and thinking about it over the last few days, I'm still torn between serenity and acceptance.
    Those are two really good ones. I'm curious to know which you chose.

Post Thanks / Like

I've done this for several years now. The first was in 2011; I was going through some rather serious issues that had the potential to be quite disastrous so I chose Persevere. It was a good choice. I survived and outlasted the people who wanted to see me fail. In 2012 I was hoping for things to get better and chose Optimism. That was wasted effort. The things in my life I had control over didn't get worse, but none of the things outside of my control that I really wanted to improve either didn't or deteriorated. So for this year I chose Rebuild. That one was a minor success; I did follow through on my decision to certify in my nursing specialty and my relationships with several family members have gotten closer. I'm trying hard to decide what 2014 should be. I'm feeling like it should be Resolve.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by craftytam View Post
    Those are two really good ones. I'm curious to know which you chose.
    I was talking about it with my husband. On one hand, can one achieve serenity without acceptance? On the other hand, serenity feels like a more positive word. Plus, serenity is a prettier word. And maybe you can achieve serenity without total acceptance. Maybe its just an attitude about where your life is, but without necessarily accepting the things you want/need to change. I think I'm going with Serenity. Bonus, Firefly Scifi fans know what I mean.

9. Likes craftytam liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JaninAlberta View Post
    I've done this for several years now. The first was in 2011; I was going through some rather serious issues that had the potential to be quite disastrous so I chose Persevere. It was a good choice. I survived and outlasted the people who wanted to see me fail. In 2012 I was hoping for things to get better and chose Optimism. That was wasted effort. The things in my life I had control over didn't get worse, but none of the things outside of my control that I really wanted to improve either didn't or deteriorated. So for this year I chose Rebuild. That one was a minor success; I did follow through on my decision to certify in my nursing specialty and my relationships with several family members have gotten closer. I'm trying hard to decide what 2014 should be. I'm feeling like it should be Resolve.
    Jan, it sounds like you've done well with the things that you had control over. I chose Forward for a similar reason-2013 was a foundation year. 2014 is time to move ahead. Resolve is a strong word. I'm hoping for the best for you!

Post Thanks / Like

I've done this the last couple of years as well. It's easier for me to focus on a word or theme then a big group on resolutions. My theme for this year is going to be ROUTINE. It sounds odd, but I'm at a place in my life where I need routines in my every day for my sanity and for my kids progress. And it is NOT something that comes easy to me. I am NOT a routine type of person. So that's what I'm focusing on. Routines in our finances (like budgeting), routines in our house cleaning, routines in our school day, routine time to take care of my self. Routines.

12. Likes craftytam, dodgeladee liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you asked, I have thought about it for a few years and every year I end up not doing it, but I really like the idea.

Last year, 2013, i didn't because I took on two P365's, crazy, I know!

This year I didn't because my word is "Focus" and the meaning is to simplify life, cut back on unnecessary things…both time wise and 'stuff/purchases' wise. Then use that extra time and energy to focus on the things that I really want in my life that I say I don't have time for.

So, in the end, doing the One Little Word project would be adding a commitment instead of cutting back, so I didn't sign up again. But I am still kind of doing it on my own, you know?

LOL

And for Luv Ewe Designs and April/May Guest for Connie Prince

14. Likes msbrad, craftytam liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zenjen View Post
    Glad you asked, I have thought about it for a few years and every year I end up not doing it, but I really like the idea.

Last year, 2013, i didn't because I took on two P365's, crazy, I know!

This year I didn't because my word is "Focus" and the meaning is to simplify life, cut back on unnecessary things…both time wise and 'stuff/purchases' wise. Then use that extra time and energy to focus on the things that I really want in my life that I say I don't have time for.

So, in the end, doing the One Little Word project would be adding a commitment instead of cutting back, so I didn't sign up again. But I am still kind of doing it on my own, you know?

LOL
    I didn't sign up for the project either, Jen, just something I thought I would do on my own. I'm like you - I definitely don't need to add anything to my list of things to do this year
    Focus is a great word for the year. Best of luck with it!

16. Likes zenjen liked this post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast