Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: One Little Word

Post Thanks / Like

Default One Little Word

Does anyone do this? Choose one word to focus on for the year?
    I hadn't heard of this until a couple of years ago. I've never done it, but have considered it. I guess I just feel like there are so many things I could focus on that it's hard to choose just one thing.

So, do you choose a word? If so, what is your word for 2014? And, what are your plans for focusing on it?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: One Little Word

Last year was the first year that I did it, and wow! I am planning to do it again this year. I take my word and it is the cover page for my scrapbook for that year. I am leaning toward the word GREATNESS for next year. What about you?

3. Likes craftytam liked this post
    msbrad is online now *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team
    *Sugar Cookie*
    *GingerScraps Praise Team
    *Winner of Scrpping Survivor- Season 4

Post Thanks / Like

I've not heard of this before. Sounds interesting.
    m
    Michelle

Post Thanks / Like

Mine is "Capture"

I've even done a few layouts to highlight the thought.

This year was "Improvement" and I didn't do that great towards the end of the year, but I did get better with my video editing

6. Likes craftytam, dodgeladee liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I have done this the past 2 years. 1st word was balance. I had a stressful job and I balanced my world by changing jobs. This year was organize. I made some great efforts so I am ok with that. I have not decided this year's yet. Maybe empower as I need to empower myself to get back on my exercise routine. I need to empower others in my life as well.
    Amanda
    **CT: Wimpychompers Creations, Memory Clips, and Lilach Oren Designs

8. Likes craftytam, dodgeladee liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

This is a great idea Tammy! I think my word for this year might actually be "Focus." There are a few things in my life that I need to focus on this year to reach my goals, both personally and professionally. So I guess that's my word! lol
    http://forums.gingerscraps.net/signaturepics/sigpic13501_5.gif

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by msbrad View Post
    I've not heard of this before. Sounds interesting.
    m
    Michelle, it's something that Ali Edwards started - you choose a word to focus on for the year. She even has a class at Big Picture Classes.

I've been contemplating it for this year, but I'm not sure which word to choose... right now, my thoughts are "focus" "listen" "give" "cherish" "refresh" ...this is why I've never done it!! I have a hard time choosing!

Post Thanks / Like

I know several who have done it but I never have. I'm thinking about doing it this year though and my word is going to be very simple.... ME. It's time for me to take care of me, time for me to make me happy, time for me to make me healthier, etc. The past 12 years I haven't paid much attention to myself due to suddenly becoming a widow and moving my kids and I across several states and raising them, etc. My focus has been them and now one is grown with his own family and the other is 13 going on 14 so much more independent. It's time for me now (not 100% of course since DD is still at home and needs me but at least 50% about me ;) )

12. Likes craftytam liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mariewilcox View Post
    I know several who have done it but I never have. I'm thinking about doing it this year though and my word is going to be very simple.... ME. It's time for me to take care of me, time for me to make me happy, time for me to make me healthier, etc. The past 12 years I haven't paid much attention to myself due to suddenly becoming a widow and moving my kids and I across several states and raising them, etc. My focus has been them and now one is grown with his own family and the other is 13 going on 14 so much more independent. It's time for me now (not 100% of course since DD is still at home and needs me but at least 50% about me ;) )
    I think your word sounds very appropriate after all you've been through.

14. Thanks mariewilcox thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

What an amazing idea, didnīt know this before, but maybe I should think about it!

Proud CT member of the GingerScrap Designers: SeaTroutScraps, LittleRadTrio, CreatedByJill, ViolaMoni, Lissykay and

16. Likes craftytam liked this post
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast