Post Thanks / Like

Default Planning your Scrapping

This kind of goes with the goal setting thread, but in the realization that I am so far behind in our trip books as well as just the every day life and family day pages, I'm wondering if I need to have a plan as to what I intend to scrap. At least for the trips that I know I will want to fit into one book.

Does anyone do a general plan of what they intend to scrap? Up to this point, I've been pretty random in what I scrap, when. It's just what ever pictures and kit pop out to me for a specific challenge or for that day. I am trying to finish up some different books, but I haven't sat down to figure how exactly those books will be completed. I just know that when I've covered all the events/pictures in a certain folder I'm done. LOL

Thoughts? Is anyone more organized and can share what they do? Or is everyone like me and just taking it it one day, one picture, one layout at a time with the hopes of eventually having something ready to print? I have been scrapping for 2 years and have NEVER printed a layout.

msbrad is online now *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team
    *Sugar Cookie*
    *GingerScraps Praise Team
    *Winner of Scrpping Survivor- Season 4

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Planning your Scrapping

I totally 'get' where you are coming from.
    and....
    I'm so far behind, I might be first!
    That said:
    I 'try' to scrap and complete "finite events", first. Example: DD +SIL wedding. Cruise in 2011. NYC vacation 2013....etc......
    Those events give me parameters and I tend to 'get'r done'.
    Now, 'stuff' like everyday life or 'stuff' from way back when, cuz I have to scan & restore etc....tends not to get done as quickly. I might scrap it - but it might not be printed and included in a book.
    Hence I print those finite events as a book and the rest.....buy an album at Michael's or Hobby Lobby or Joann's and keep adding on.

One thing I stick with...IF I do not plan to print [eventually] I'm not scrappin' it on acct of a kit.
    m
    Michelle

3. Likes craftytam, dodgeladee liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

The only planned scrapping I have is Project 365/Project: Life (I'm doing more of a Project Life series for scrapping in 2014, while still doing Project 365).
    Otherwise, it's random, based on the kit, the pictures, etc

Post Thanks / Like

I try to scrap chronologically. I have albums set up in my craft room for scrapping that as I print them I set them on top so I can get them in an album. If I didn't have any printed I think I would feel like I never got anything done. I have to feel like I am at least making progress. But that's not to say I don't scrap random stuff...I just put the date on it and save it. I now turn all my los into prints and save them in a folder.then I can print them when a sale comes from persnickety prints.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't really plan my scrapping at all. I have so many photos and so many years to scrap that I can't do it chronologically either because I would just get sick of scrapping photos from 1987 (the year DS was born) or 2000 (the year DD was born). I scrap totally randomly including trips and I just print from Persnickety as I go. I print 8x8 and put them into 3 ring binder albums so I can move them around as I print.

Post Thanks / Like

If you listen to The Digi Show, they talked a little about planning on the last podcast.
    I don't really plan because I'm usually doing CT layouts, so it's more a matter of finding photos that fit the kit. I'm glad you brought this up, though, because it makes me think.

Michelle, that's really good advice - scrapping finite events. I like that idea.

Diana, I would recommend printing at least a few pages - maybe a random sampling. I think it really helped my scrapping when I did. Layouts look very different on the printed page than on the screen.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by craftytam View Post
    Diana, I would recommend printing at least a few pages - maybe a random sampling. I think it really helped my scrapping when I did. Layouts look very different on the printed page than on the screen.
    Tammy, that's a good point. I was shocked and somewhat disappointed the first time I had some pages printed. It made me much more aware of my shadowing and also of the colours. I learned about monitor calibration afterward, because what I had printed didn't look like it did on my screen at all.
    http://forums.gingerscraps.net/signaturepics/sigpic13501_5.gif

9. Likes craftytam liked this post